Ownership Verified: Andeh's 1927 Chrysler 60

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
Neat one-way fitting on the crank bolt. I assume that's the connection for the hand-crank so it doesn't rip your arm off when the engine catches?

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
^ I believe so. Haven't dared try the starting handle yet.

Did a 150 mile rally in Scotland yesterday, never missed a beat. Absolutely amazing drive, it just chugs along in third gear all day without complaining. I'm so impressed and pleased with my purchase now, looking forward to a three day rally in Oxfordshire next weekend.

Only hiccup was while putting the hood up the day before, I discovered the central hoop had failed and was completely dry rotted. Unfortunately this places the hood out of action, so I did get a bit wet yesterday... Going to try steaming some ash to bend a new hoop in the future. That's a skill I didn't expect to learn!

Oh, and also one of the wheels split a few weeks ago. Not the wooden element, the actual metal outer rim. Was quite thin and rotten where it went - I suspect it had been standing in the wet for a few years and developed pretty bad rust. Have had it welded up since then, and now seems to be fine.

Wheel before and after:

Some pics from yesterday's rally: