Andrea Pininfarina killed in motorcycle crash

Ironlord

http://www.core77.com/blog/business/andrea_pininfarina_no_longer_with_us_10733.asp

Very sad news reached the Italian design community today. Andrea Pininfarina (51), the dynamic and driven CEO of the Italian car design company that carries his name, was killed in a traffic accident this morning near Turin, Italy.
First reports indicate that he was on his way to work on his motorbike, when he was hit by a car. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Just thought you should all know. So far I've only seen this on the site above and on Wikipedia. Other news sources, as they arrive, should expand the detail a bit.

:eek:

PS: This is why cars > bikes. Tsk tsk.

Who will make over-priced coffee machines now!!?!!

Being part of that family, and running the company responsible for such amazing design work, the man clearly had a passion for cars and emotional design - a loss to us then. RIP Andrea.

Things arent going very well for the company at the moment are they... It's a shame, he appeared to be a genuinely nice down-to-earth guy when he was here checking in on us.

Automotive News said:
Pininfarina, 51, died after a car collided with the Vespa motorcycle scooter he was riding to the company's design and r&d center in Cambiano.

:cry:

too bad he was riding a Vespa...

PS: This is why cars > bikes. Tsk tsk.

Every time I consider getting a bike, something like this happens that makes me realize that cars are way better. Last time I wanted a bike my classmate got into an accident and broke almost every single bone in his body, including his back and neck :shock:

^^lets not turn this thread into a pro/con motorcycle discussion, but people die in car crashes every day and it doesn't stop people from driving cars. If you are careful, pay attention and know your limits riding a motorcycle is very safe, and probably the most enjoyable thing you can do.

^^I've been crashing riding bikes since I was 14, and I'm still around..

If you are careful, pay attention and know your limits riding a motorcycle is very safe, and probably the most enjoyable thing you can do.

True, but my main concern when driving is other drivers and thats where youre safer in a car - I would much rather have another driver crash into me while Im in a car than on a bike (of course I would rather have no one crash into me but I cant always control that... like the time when a bus rear-ended me)

Thats a very sad day for everyone who loves cars. :( May he rest in peace. And please dont start a discussion about cars or bikes here, its inappropriate and he was driving a Vespa(!)

:cry: A very sad lose