The clutch has never been the best on this thing. Taking it a part in addition to plates past their prime I found it had been assembled the wrong way that according to some cause clutch slip.
Consulting the manual and redid it the right way with new parts all round. Not a lot of detailed pics or pics of the things I found done wrong.
old plates out
Despite my super accurate graph somehow some of these still got mixed up
mostly back toghether
Back together. It looks like it but the bag is not sitting on the exhaust. It's just sagging and open.
It had a piece missing. That caused the new clutch not to grab properly. The PO had apparently lost a a part. Somehow he managed to put it together wrong so that it would somewhat work...until the plates were too worn. That part was not mentioned in any catalog or diagram. I ended up taking it a part and putting back together a bout 5 or 6 times before I cut my losses, swallowed my pride and rode it down the street to a friend/customer trough work and asked him to take a look. He noticed right away what was missing and I gave him the green light to order it for me(and put it back together since I didn't have a 7th time in me )
One and a half months later that one little piece, a new clutch spring and a couple of hundred euros later it's working right. For the first time ever.
Short clip of it idling with the new(as mentioned above) exhaust yesterday on my way home.
Last year I had the DIY upper exhaust bent out of a single pipe by the same company who did my car exhaust. Way better when it's all in one piece. I still need to do the lower one out of the same material(it's still cheap pipe). I also added a brace between the two pipes so that it would stay still even in the roughest of roads. I found some roads in Latvia that started to twist the upper pipe upwards.
Since nothing was broken for winter 18-19 I had to modify it! I didn't like the gauge, warning light and turn light cluster so it had to go.
So I was left with a hole that had to be covered. So with some CAD design in the "project binky" way a cover was drawn up and after some modifications done in sheet steel.
After I got this far I tested brass plating. Worked perfectly!
The end result looks good enough(if not tightened down in the picture yet).This is where I was looking for a good spot for the turn signals.
The original spot was a bit of an "old man with his pants on too high" look.
At this point spring was here and the bikes were taken out. Two weeks later the speedo cable failed and I had to take it all apart again!
The speedo had been acting funny for a long time. I guess it didn't like being fiddled with.