Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's 4G Civic

They probably did have a similar one. We never got the earler integras before the R so we never had the engines they put in them. These cars had a very basic set of oem decals that left a lot of things up to you to find out.

After about ten years and roughly 50k km I've sold the gray sedan. So from this point on the topic will be less confusing and concentrate on the dohc only. I got a more than fair offer it was time to be someone else's problem. Some 18 year old drove an hour to see it and off it went. It's been about ten years since I last managed to sell a car. :D

Only the hatch remains, but It'll not see winter use even in this situation.
KGTEQOv.jpg

I started work on that spare front end filler panel I talked about. Took apart the front end and the panel in question.
It's the filler under the lights and above the bumper. The noticeable bend is just off the center on the drivers side. I also have a spare hood that I will use. How though that'll be seen when I get around to it.
yfzPB66.jpg

Taken apart. Next up will be a sanding, primer then eventually paint. I have a few things I need to paint when I set up the "booth" in to the garage so I'll not set it up just for one piece alone.
9L33nek.jpg

I did some sanding on the new filler panel, tried it on to see how it fits and it's way better. While I was at it I figured I'd remove a black trim piece and fix some paint damage on the front of the hood. A drunkard dropped a beer can some time ago on the front edge and that caused some damage. Fitting time to take care of that too.

The filler is not bolted up in the picture. It's not sitting exactly as tight as it will when it's actually installed.
BEJM7F4.jpg

Front end pieces are now prepped for paint, while I was at it I took out the rear panel as well since it had some bubbling around the lock so why not deal with it now that paint is being put on. I also bought a paint gun and accessories to go with it. No need to borrow anymore. I'll fade the new paint on the front end corner of the hood. Front end of the hood also dealt with. This bit had some damage due to a can dropping on it as I said.
PhyMbIj.jpg

Rear end taken apart.
Wj0Eb9l.jpg

Parts ready for paint.
AfW2x5E.jpg

The wheels had some nasty curb rash, but with some elbow grease they also came out all right and ready for paint.
sc56dYN.jpg

IfiuB7Q.jpg

Next week I'll try and get the paints and assemble our "paint booth".

Wheels painted. Not the color I had in mind originally, however this color does still fit the style I want. Old race car colors that is.
If I find the color I wanted I might paint these again, but for now this is the color. Gold with matt clear coat on it. Tires should be next month.

The picture is slightly misleading, the wheels are same size as the old ones they're just propped infont of the current ones.
VF4LWt0.jpg

Damn that looks good, should ringmeet happen, I hope to see the civic there. I don’t like civics but your effort may change my mind.

Damn that looks good, should ringmeet happen, I hope to see the civic there. I don’t like civics but your effort may change my mind.
Thanks. I realize most of the owners of these are giving these a bad rep and even without that they're not everyone's cup of tea so that statement is value very much.

Last edited:
I really like the color combination.

Yes, gold wheels, red vehicle. Always classic.
Gold wheels when done right are very nice, but I'd argue it only works in a few instances:
Car should be white/red/black/green/dark blue.

Gold wheels when done right are very nice, but I'd argue it only works in a few instances:
Car should be white/red/black/green/dark blue.
There probably are some colors they don't work well with, but still less than say a bright red wheel that just doesn't work.

Picked up the paint on Friday. Today I started by not erecting a tent(hah!) and MacGuyvering a temporary paint "booth" in to the garage.
eQOg53Z.jpg

I first wrapped the hood before I took it off. I later on covered up what I couldn't when it was on the car.
MYWsUY5.jpg

"booth" set up
mb9DBhl.jpg

And parts primered. Tomorrow I'll put on the top coat.
So far the surfaces look good, only possible issue here is that the guy who painted my car last time took the wrong shade or Rio Red but if that's the case I'll just pop back don to the paint shop with some other part that we can actually get a sample out of.
cTlAYF9.jpg

NoLQ23O.jpg

Color is on. The two filler pieces came out good, no real work needed on them anymore, the front of the hood will need a wet sanding and polishing to blend it in to the rest of the hood, we'll see how that goes. The color seems to be spot on, but once again we'll know for sure when the parts are back on the car.
YX7gX9A.jpg

Parts painted.
a6ndz6D.jpg

Close up
93Ehnff.jpg

The color is nearly spot on. I'll do a little tweaking and it'll be acceptable. I did do a slight mistake on the color blending with having the primer painted too close to the actual color and the primer shows through when blending the old with the new, but with some more paint I'll fix that and also get an even better paint match up.
j13aYcV.jpg

Since I had to take a break from painting I changed my radius rod bushings. The old ones were past it and I had new poly bushings to go in.
The bushings are on the top left corner of the picture. Simple swap
NtoK8lS.jpg

The whole setup off the car.
rP06D4b.jpg

Old bushings. Well past their prime.
BDcRgKw.jpg

New ones. There were four in the set, but I had already installed two of them.
6fN3207.jpg

Curious, why would VTEC matter for radius rod bushings?