Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's 4G Civic

Video clip of the moment it blew. The audio quality on the diel action camera is fairly horrible. The rattling you hear is the gear lever - the engine sounded as it has sounded for the past 15 years up to the moment it gave up.

Translation:
My friend: "Brakes?"
Me: "Probably the engine"
Me: "Vittu. I knew this would happen."

Been a bit slow few weeks, somewhat done sorting out what I need. I've managed to source a new crank, rods and pistons are still yet to be ordered but I do know what I need for what I'm going for.

I put the car on stands, the block is just about torn down ready for washing and then sent off to get bored out. The damage to the crank and bearing is clear. I've also more than likely narrowed it down to the oil filter twisting out being the culprit. This is not the first time and I do check it regularly. This time it seems that I didn't even though I thought I did.

xzQsLOE.jpg

V1Zxmrx.jpg

VZCfSNx.jpg

Small update time. The block is yet to be sent off, I want all the parts before I do that. My friend got me a crank, that ended up being the "I'll hook you up" deal of the month. He wanted 25€ but in the end I gave him an old OEM NOS corner light and a pair of Depo corner lights for the cank. Parts are slowly dropping in. Hopefully I'll have everything here in a reasonable time.

Came wrapped in a fashionable Umbro tracksuit bottom.
94dNu7e.jpg

The connecting rods were dropped off yesterday. This is a copy of eagle rods, the brand is something I had not heard about before but I've got some friends with experiences with these and I've heard they're good enough quality as long as you remember to check the measurements. One of my friends is running two identical setups to what I'm planning on with more power so they should be good enough.
4eMhycy.jpg

Also, the tires I bought for this were damn good. I drove about 8000ish km on them, that includes a few track days, roadtrip and five laps on the ring. They still have some tread left in them and the grip was good so I'll definitely get more of these when these eventually run out. The downsides of these semi slicks are the same as the old toyo semis I had. You need to be on your toes in the rain(and this is amplified when yo're tired and have been on the go for +30 hours :D )
QhPNEY9.jpg

Also the clutch was a surprise. This was installed in 2008, some 100k km ago. I've not been kind to it, I've always hated how soft the pressure plate is(and now I find out it's OEM honda they put in it). I'll not put the same sort in anymore.
3GEJ0IV.jpg

367GmVa.jpg

More small updates. We're having to move garages since the owner of the current one needs it. We've found a new place and we've started moving. Everything should be moved over by the end of next month.

The new place. Same square meters as the old one(72 square meters), less space vertically. I'm not brining over most of the parts I've been storing at the current garage. Thankfully I've got other ways of storing most of what I got.
sNWyUEN.jpg

I took the block to work. Cleaned up a layer or more of built up grime and oil. Some spots have not been touched in 33 years.
I plan on cleaning it up further. The engine heater won't be staying either.
Fst0r7G.jpg

64WQK3f.jpg

Also, these showed up on friday. Custom spec made by wiseco to a shop called Race Engineering. While these dohc engines share a lot with the sohc versions they do not share pistons. That's why, while using a sohc set works it won't be ideal. These work around that by being just the right spec.
Mis3okK.jpg

UmyxW4a.jpg

I also sandblasted and painted the alternator bracket whiel I had it in hand.
GOHgjNg.jpg

OWSgB27.jpg

65q6F3d.jpg

Good to see some progress.

Also that's an awesome bar you had there :D

Thanks.
Good to see some progress.

Also that's an awesome bar you had there :D
Hopefully the progress is steady and said bar won't be slowing it down. :D