Anglolovers

If anything, a house in a coastal town in Cornwall is as expensive as London.

And as crowded. I bet that if any more people decide to go and live there, the whole damn country is simply going to flip over because of a weight imbalance.

:p

Last edited:
And as crowded. I bet that if any more people decide to go and live there, the whole damn country is simply going to flip over because of a weight imbalance.

:p

Pretty much. Towns such as Padstow, Newquay and so on usually have a massive amount of tourists. Even more so on special days like Newquay's Surfing Contests and the famous Fistral beach, and the "Obby Os" festival at Padston in the start of may.

I think it's amusing that Texas and The United States are often separately associated.

I think Americans pining for England haven't seen enough of their own country yet. The northeast (I'm talking northeast of NYC) can offer a lot of the same features (geographically speaking at least) as a good bit of the UK. But there is also so much more. I think besides perhaps China and Russia, the US has probably the most diverse geography of any country. From deserts and tropics to alpine mountains and tundra. Culturally too, I think we are pretty diverse. This may sound absurd, but I actually enjoyed Chicago, Ill more than Rome, Italy. I'm from Maine where the accents resemble Scottish more closely than typical "American" and now live in Texas where things move in a completely different way. I think the OP should move around within the US first, this country, despite widespread international 'disdain' does have an enormous amount to offer. I've had my doubts, but I don't think I would live anywhere else.

edit: Maeday, have you ever left Texas? :lol: I know it's quite a undertaking if you don't live on the extremities, but it is definitely something worth doing.

And because I'm feeling in a particularly America, F-yeah mood right now, here are some of our highlights:

monument-valley-usa-2.jpg

grand-canyon.jpg

Denali-National-Park-Stoney-Dome.jpg

cfiles21091.jpg

appalachian-mountains.jpg

chicago-nighttime.jpg

Luxury-Yacht-and-Private-Jet-Charters-in-Florida-and-the-Keys-big.jpg

napavalley0511_428x269_to_468x312.jpg

Last edited:
[pedantic]It's only the Union jack when flown from a ship. It's named the Union Flag at all other times.[/pedantic] :p

My friends will love you for giving me this piece of information I will bore them with :p

I do appreciate the thought, but its about more than the same geography can be found 100 miles away. Hell where im from I can find green pastures similar to England just 10 miles from my home. I want a different culture and history. Besides I've been all over the US so i know the drill, and I've been to england france italy and remote areas in Canada and Mexico, so my desire isn't willy nilly.

Last edited:
You don't desire willy? :(

Have the British yet to figure out how mix hot and cold water while washing your hands at a sink?

:clarkson: meets the neighbours.

There is a flaw in the UK dream.
Standing on a UK plug, is even more painful than getting kicked in the nuts.

1163609_uk_plug.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Honestly I'd love to live in the middle of nowhere UK but I wouldn't be able to handle the taxing and gas prices.

Other than that, I'd move there in a heartbeat if I knew I could transfer my job to one of the subsidiaries in the area.

But, I don't think I could handle all the hatchbacks. Gosh I hate those.

Last edited:
Don't forget the ecoboxes.

Standing on a UK plug, is even more painful than getting kicked in the nuts.

1163609_uk_plug.jpg

Yeah, good job guys on designing your plugs to take up three hundred cubic fucking feet of space. Your power strips take up entire living rooms.

Hmmm... let's see...

Born in the UK, lived in Malaysia. Now back in the UK, more or less for good.

One of the rare places where I can find drunks at 12.11pm in the afternoon. Asking to buy a pint outside a costume party shop. And the salesperson inside going, "No, we don't sell pints here. Sorry.".

Yeah, good job guys on designing your plugs to take up three hundred cubic fucking feet of space. Your power strips take up entire living rooms.

Your plugs go in any way they like, I wouldn't trust that.
If I was a murder, could i just snip the earth wire outside your house?