Announcing the FinalGear.com Torrent Feed

Yeah... I'm not quite sure how this feed thing works. I downloaded TVTAD and I have BitTornado. So, now what?

I'm a bit new to the idea. Let's say I wanted to have the scene rip of today's top gear automatically downloaded. How do I do it ?

I'm having a problem using this feed with Azureus and the rssfeed plugin. The plugin can't download the torrent when it gets a match in the feed (or if I manually select it). Instead, the plugin seems to get stuck in limbo. The plugin has no problems with the mininova feed.

I checked the two feeds and noticed the mininova one only has a url to the torrent but the finalgear one has the mininova url (in parentheses) followed by a title and link to finalgear.

Has anyone else gotten this to work with the rssfeed plugin for Azureus?

lurker532 said:
I'm having a problem using this feed with Azureus and the rssfeed plugin. The plugin can't download the torrent when it gets a match in the feed (or if I manually select it). Instead, the plugin seems to get stuck in limbo. The plugin has no problems with the mininova feed.

I checked the two feeds and noticed the mininova one only has a url to the torrent but the finalgear one has the mininova url (in parentheses) followed by a title and link to finalgear.

Has anyone else gotten this to work with the rssfeed plugin for Azureus?
Weird, works fine here in Azureus. :?

Make sure that you have the send referrer thing off as if it's anything other than mininova.org, it'll reject the download.

I'll change the <link> in the feed from finalgear.com to that to make sure no one else has the problem.

i'm having a lot of trouble with TVTAD. I set it up how I think is right, with Bitcomet accepting downloads without confirmation from me. This is how I've got it set up, someone tell me if I've got something wrong:

I've left favorites blank, it's not really needed for this site. Files seems to be blank, under the Client tab I've but ShellExecute with it going to Bitcomet. Under the settings tab I've got subtabs: Application is left alone, didn't change anything, Downloads I've specified a directory for both Torrents and Incoming (not sure what either of these are referring to), logging and proxy are left alone. Under Feeds I put http://www.finalgear.com/feed/torrents/rss2/ and update was left alone.

I get a list of the torrents from this site, but I clicked on one to download it, and it said Invalid File Type, and on top of that, I thought they were supposed to start automatically... Isn't that the whole point? Is it just that no new torrents have been added yet since Viper changed it so that TVTAD will read the feed correctly or what?

Yeah, you gotta add Top Gear and Fifth Gear as favorites.

And weird that it's saying invalid file type. o_O

Sorry, I meant Invalid File Content. I added them as favorites, and put ALL as the file type (should I have set it to something else?), and now there are stars beside all the files under Releases, but it still gives me an error.

I can't even get it to download the torrent file to a directory...

GOD DAMNIT I WANT TO SEE A VEYRON!

What the hell? It should work. o_O

very strange... I tried to add top gear from your feed yesterday to my favorites but what showed up there was "Top Gear S07 E04" and the new episode did not automatically download. I've also added the scene rip from another feed and that worked just fine.

Try adding "Top Gear*".

Viper007Bond said:
Make sure that you have the send referrer thing off as if it's anything other than mininova.org, it'll reject the download.

Bingo! That fixed it and it's no longer getting stuck downloading the torrents. Thanks. :thumbsup:

i guess its widely used, this Torrent feed...
Thanks to the QoS my router does i can still visit webpages, but since there are over 17.500 peers on my tracker, MSN doesnt work anymore, neither does my GMail pugin since they are getting timeouts.
Upgrading my connection isnt really an option, ill try to do some optimalisation on the trackers end...

Anyhow, the torrent feed is excellent for generating peek moments...
(which i dont like very much, but ill find a way or learn to live with it)

This screenshot pretty much says it all:
http://img305.imageshack.**/img305/515/upload6oa.png

okay, QoS did the trick, just gave the MSN port maximum priority, as well as skype, https, and port 119 for my downloading.

/me is happy :D

Ack! :eek:

Yeah, I'm gonna be putting it as the 2nd tracker now rather than the last so if a client times out while trying to connect to the primary tracker URL (tracker.finalgear.com), it won't try again on the other URLs to your tracker first.