• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Another 4-door Coupe from Germany: 2008 BMW X6 (Spy Shots)

Kowalski

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
515
Location
Manchester, UK
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Ent...S178.A8788.html

Spy Shots: ?08 BMW X6
by Hans Lehmann/Hidden Image

Here are first photos confirming BMW's official statement made at the last Geneva Motor Show. The Bavarian carmaker is about to extend the X5 model range with an additional 4x4 "coupe," based on the same platform.

In this case, the word "coupe" does not mean a two-door, but, as in Mercedes CLS500 marketing jargon, refers to a sporting model with coupe-like roofline, even if it has four doors.

Rumors are that the new model will be named the X6. The first development mule is now doing laps at Germany's famous N?rburgring. These early development mules have a clever modular frame that allows all weight- (and, therefore, handling-) critical items to be positioned differently and in small steps, in order to find their optimum position for superior road-holding, handling, steering, and comfort. Similarly, the mules offer easy access to the suspension geometry, springs, dampers, and steering, which all can be varied and fine-tuned.

The test mule sports a non-production body made as simply as possible to cover the mechanical parts. It offers no indication of the final vehicle's styling or design.

The newcomer is reported to be a sporty looking crossover four-door, four-seater. It gets front-mounted engines ranging from a V-8 with either 340 hp or 450 hp, to a V-10 with 612 hp.

BMW X6

9687cgznhxkialxtz8qo.jpg


Of course, this is not the official photo.
 
woah, if i didnt see the back end i'd thought it was a 6 series.

the back door looks so small u might have to crawl in.

but i would buy one if i had the money for the v-10 one. is it gonna be called MX6 hehehehe
 
bihus said:
The link doesn't work, and you didn't post the best photo...

9688_HFKIQKEAURMDR.jpg


Correct link

Oh Dear...How could I possibly forget, to post the best pic?! :p

You see, BMW is also testing an Armored version of the X6. :D

And it seems to handle very well - you can tell that, looking how the "Panzer" is going around that corner in Nuburgring. :roll:

Hey Bihus, you from Portugal? I Speak Portuguese. :)
 
Kowalski said:
Hey Bihus, you from Portugal? I Speak Portuguese. :)

Oh yeah? Como aprendeste? Ou ?s emigrante? Costumas c? vir?

Panzer... :lol:
 
bihus said:
Kowalski said:
Hey Bihus, you from Portugal? I Speak Portuguese. :)

Oh yeah? Como aprendeste? Ou ?s emigrante? Costumas c? vir?

Panzer... :lol:

Minha m?e ? descendente de Portugueses - A m?e dela era Portuguesa de Lisboa.

Eu tenho amigos Brasileiros, sempre que posso eu fa?o uma viagem ao Brasil.

Aprendi a falar com minha m?e, embora ela quase n?o fale muito Portugu?s, pois ela fala mais Ingl?s - mas sempre que eu quero, n?s conversamos em portugu?s.

Meus colegas Brasileiros, que me ensinaram algumas G?rias e Palavr?es(!!!) :twisted:

Filho da P**a (Son of a Bitch), "Merda" (Shit), "Vai se Foder" (F*ck you!). :evil:

J? fui em Portugal tamb?m em 2003 - Visitei Lisboa, Bela cidade. 8)

Ent?o, o que acha do meu Portugu?s? Bom, Razo?vel, P?ssimo??? :p

Felicidades para Tu e sua Familia. :)
 
Kowalski said:
bihus said:
Kowalski said:
Hey Bihus, you from Portugal? I Speak Portuguese. :)

Oh yeah? Como aprendeste? Ou ?s emigrante? Costumas c? vir?

Panzer... :lol:

Minha m?e ? descendente de Portugueses - A m?e dela era Portuguesa de Lisboa.

Eu tenho amigos Brasileiros, sempre que posso eu fa?o uma viagem ao Brasil.

Aprendi a falar com minha m?e, embora ela quase n?o fale muito Portugu?s, pois ela fala mais Ingl?s - mas sempre que eu quero, n?s conversamos em portugu?s.

Meus colegas Brasileiros, que me ensinaram algumas G?rias e Palavr?es(!!!) :twisted:

Filho da P**a (Son of a Bitch), "Merda" (Shit), "Vai se Foder" (F*ck you!). :evil:

J? fui em Portugal tamb?m em 2003 - Visitei Lisboa, Bela cidade. 8)

Ent?o, o que acha do meu Portugu?s? Bom, Razo?vel, P?ssimo??? :p

Felicidades para Tu e sua Familia. :)

Falas muito bem. E melhor ainda, escreves!!! :shock2:
Os palavr?es era de adivinhar... ? sempre a primeira coisa que alguem aprende. :lol:
Lisboa ? bonita, mas muita confus?o. Eu moro 250 km para o norte, entre o Porto e Aveiro. Nada t?o louco como o Brasil...

Felicidades para ti e para a tua fam?lia, tamb?m.
 
^ :huh:

The car looks nice (the first pic :p )
 
jasonchiu said:
the back door looks so small u might have to crawl in.
I agree on that ... it's one of those 4-door sedans which you can't get in through the backdoor unless you push the front seat all the way in front ... so why not make it a 2-door coupe ?? beats me ... :?
 
It is, it's a computer rendition of what they think it would look like. Not a chop in the sense of being funny tho, just logical I guess. :)
 
vladmitu said:
jasonchiu said:
the back door looks so small u might have to crawl in.
I agree on that ... it's one of those 4-door sedans which you can't get in through the backdoor unless you push the front seat all the way in front ... so why not make it a 2-door coupe ?? beats me ... :?

i would say for insurance, a 4-door car is a lot cheaper than a 2-door car
but i think that someone who buys a 6, doesn't care all that much
 
Top