Ownership Verified: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

Uh, great car and all, but please remove the dashboard-rug.

Whats wrong with dash mats?

I have one in my car as well, and I need it becasue otherwise the sun shines right into the digital dials on the way home from work and I can't see shit...

@Misrabelle Nice car! The XR BA Falcon has always been a nice clean car. I find it somewhat fitting that the bridemaids got shoved into the only XR6 in the pack... :lol:

It was actually the bride who insisted on the cars. Her Dad offered to find 3 old school Falcons, but she said she wanted 3 blue B-series cars, but that they had to be loud.

James - the owner of the Blueprint XR8, got told at the reception that it was lucky he could find "three XR8s" for the day.
It was pointed out that mine was a 6, and the surprised reply came back that it sounded just as tough as the 8's.
I even had a few of the guests come up to me and say they thought it was great that a girl had a car that could run with the boys.

There was some ''musical cars'' going on with the bridal party between the photo venues - purely because James wanted a ride in my car.
He was impressed with how well it kept up to his car in front (only carrying the bride and groom), when I had 4 passengers.

A long time family friend was driving his car, (as James was a groomsman) knowing that he was in the car behind, and therefore unable to do anything but watch, he was pushing it a fair bit.

It was actually the bride who insisted on the cars. Her Dad offered to find 3 old school Falcons, but she said she wanted 3 blue B-series cars, but that they had to be loud.

James - the owner of the Blueprint XR8, got told at the reception that it was lucky he could find "three XR8s" for the day.
It was pointed out that mine was a 6, and the surprised reply came back that it sounded just as tough as the 8's.
I even had a few of the guests come up to me and say they thought it was great that a girl had a car that could run with the boys.

There was some ''musical cars'' going on with the bridal party between the photo venues - purely because James wanted a ride in my car.
He was impressed with how well it kept up to his car in front (only carrying the bride and groom), when I had 4 passengers.

A long time family friend was driving his car, (as James was a groomsman) knowing that he was in the car behind, and therefore unable to do anything but watch, he was pushing it a fair bit.
Fair enough! I hear the XR8s are pretty heavy, but either way I'm not surprised the tweaked 6 keeps up quite well. I've driven a few older E-Series Falcons, and the torque the 6 chucks out is rather meaty and relentless.

Shame that the women I hang around don't really like cars... <_<

Not long after I bought it, when it was still bog stock, I pushed it to the speed limiter (180kph) on Mountain Straight at Mt Panorama, and it was still pulling.:cool:
With the CAPA tuner, the speed limiter is removed, but I haven't had a chance to try it out since.

*sigh* We need those cars. Yours in particular, is a nice specimen...speciwomen? :D

Everyone wants to move to Victoria, It's got something to do with us being awesome from memory...

Why would i want to move to a state where there are hidden speed cameras all over the motorways and i have to be in the left lane to turn right. ;)

Congrats on the new car. :D Don't mind the XR6, shit no what am I saying I like Holdens. :?

Last edited:
Everyone wants to move to Victoria, It's got something to do with us being awesome from memory...

Well you're almost right.... There is someone there that I think is awesome.:D

<insert broken record like whining that ford fucked us by not bringing this car to the states>

nice car.... color me impressed that those logos are hand sewn.

Even the dash lights match!!
SL371429.jpg

In the standard model they're green, sport models got the blue, and the 'luxury' cars got white. Then they introduced the SUV based on the Falcon and it got red.

With the new exhaust and tips fitted:
tips.jpg

^ :bow:

Always had a soft-spot for the Falcon.

Speedo looks hot. I like the red ticks for higher speeds. Makes you feel :devil:!

BUT... What's with the hitch!?!? :-o :idiot:

high speed hitching...

with oversteer :)

Speedo looks hot. I like the red ticks for higher speeds. Makes you feel :devil:!

BUT... What's with the hitch!?!? :-o :idiot:
It's already saved me from needing a new rear bumper after some stupid girl in a Yaris (that she clearly didn't pay for), hit me because she thought I was going to run the red light in front of us.
She didn't touch the bumper, just the tow ball, so there was a nice big hole in the front of her car.
Didn't even get out to look, just gave me her details and said that her parents would pay for any damage to my car.

I did check under the car for any damage to the chassis, caused by the hit on the tow bar but it was all good.

Oh, and Dad has a boat, so I get towing duties.

Last edited:
If you say so... but on this forum, having a hitch on a car (non-pickup/SUV) is kind of a no no... :(

I'll be your new friend though! BUT only if you let me drive your car! :p

If you say so... but on this forum, having a hitch on a car (non-pickup/SUV) is kind of a no no... :(

I'll be your new friend though! BUT only if you let me drive your car! :p

err why? Heaps of people use them to tow light trailers etc....