Ownership Verified: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

I can understand that people think they spoil the look of a car.

Dad's ute with the aluminium tray and no weight over the rear axle isn't going to pull his boat up a boat ramp though.

And YAY for new friends!!
As long as there's not slipping of the clutch nor grinding the gears until they fit.
The two occasions I've let Dad drive it, he's done both and I get all anxious and jittery about it.

I think they are too utilitarian for cars. My dad wanted to put a roof rack on mine. Never! I suppose I dislike Subaru for the same reasons.

I promise I won't hurt your car... :driving:

Last edited:
err why? Heaps of people use them to tow light trailers etc....

Or bike racks. I'm wondering if I'll need one for my Echo since my bike doesn't quiet fit into the car, and I haven't found one of those non-towbar racks to fit properly thanks to the little Toyota spoiler on the roof.

Or bike racks. I'm wondering if I'll need one for my Echo since my bike doesn't quiet fit into the car, and I haven't found one of those non-towbar racks to fit properly thanks to the little Toyota spoiler on the roof.

But you have a car. Why do you need a bike?

^Because sometimes I want to go ride on really far away trails.

And you can't exactly ride a broken bike into the shops for repais :p

Very sweet! I love the Falcon.

Steve
Thanks Steve!! I adore my car. It still puts a smile on my face everytime I walk into the garage.

You should try the tubro, phwoar :D

The turbos are good....the Typhoons are BETTER!:lol:

Made a minor modification to it today. One way numberplate screws.
NSW police were at the local shopping centre installing them.
Hopefully to reduce theft of numberplates which are then used in robberies and other crime.

You should try the tubro, phwoar :D

I tried an F6 once. Damn it was fast.

Snap one up whilst you can boys and girls. I have a feeling it'll be a collector's item.

Hahaha thanks Wade!!

Over here it's very much Ford vs Holden, so people either love it or hate it.

Then there are those who don't care either way and just think of it was a glorified taxi. This makes me sad.

Very nice, I like the BA (not BF, just BA) with the XR8 wheels.

Probably because I've got the same damn wheels lol.

The Typhoon mags are pretty cool too.
Has it got a LSD?

No, sadly it doesn't. It was an option on the BA. This was bought as an ex Government car, so it's only option was the tow pack.

I pretty much just drive to work and home again, which is maybe 20ks all up each day.

I'm tossing up whether to drive it to Melbourne when I go to visit a friend later in the year. Chris at Bluepower (who I bought the CAPA box off) has to unlock the remaining two tunes in the box because he put the wrong code in to begin with, and his Sydney supplier was a jerk when I was told to get him to help me. He only unlocked one tune in the box instead of all 3. Chris has offered to unlock the box and custom tune the car for free. Just have to make the drive down there.

Hahaha thanks Wade!!

Over here it's very much Ford vs Holden, so people either love it or hate it.

Then there are those who don't care either way and just think of it was a glorified taxi. This makes me sad.

I love Aussie Fords, especially the Falcon ever since seeing Mad Max