Ownership Verified: Another chick's car: Ford Falcon BA XR6

It looks like your modification journey with this car is not yet over.
Nah, I'm happy with where it is.

Eventually it'll get tucked away in a nice cosy garage, and brought out only on sunny warm weekends, while something else becomes the sacrificial shopping trolley.

Got both my cars in the garage momentarily…
784D13E8-FF2E-4C8E-8F81-239CDC619EA1.jpeg

The Falcon battery is flat, so I’m going to have to jack it up, connect a lead to the starter cable and use that to unlock the doors, since a workmate bent the locking rod in the door, rendering the key lock useless.

It’s due for registration renewal next month as well, so needs to go for annual inspection.

They really did get the design just right on that generation of Falcon ... It still does not look really dated.

Got both my cars in the garage momentarily…
View attachment 3568339

The Falcon battery is flat, so I’m going to have to jack it up, connect a lead to the starter cable and use that to unlock the doors, since a workmate bent the locking rod in the door, rendering the key lock useless.

It’s due for registration renewal next month as well, so needs to go for annual inspection.
As soon as I saw the BA's at the Sydney Motor Show, I had to have one. They looked SO much better than the AU Falcon, and the Holden Commodore of the time. The Barra engines are just *chef's kiss*.
At 20, I had no chance of buying one, but I drove everyone nuts drooling at the Blueprint XRs every time I saw one.

Two years later, when I found this one, and an identical auto, at a motor auction near the bus depot, and Dad said "let's go!", I was shocked. He lent me some money towards it, but I made sure I paid back every dollar.
It still turns my head just sitting in the garage.
On a sunny day, all clean and polished it's absolutely gorgeous, and puts the goofiest grin on my face.
I adore it just as much today, as I did the day I brought it home from the auction.

I had friends at the time who scoffed at me. Saying I didn't pay for it, Daddy did. Which was hypocritical, because they'd already bragged about how their mother lent them money for cars, and then they'd just never paid her back, and thought it was funny that she'd "forgotten", and they had no intention of repaying the loans. We haven't been friends for over a decade now, and I don't miss their bullshit.

Finally got the car unlocked!!
My jumper cables, and the battery charger were both inside. Along with my hockey gear, and all my tools.
E716259E-B127-4532-A189-C2F5EB83BF5C.jpeg

Got enough clearance to get well under and get the cables to the starter.
FDF720E4-7B2A-4255-99DB-372DDB658903.jpeg

Then it was time to back up the X5 and borrow some juice, press unlock and hope for the best.

21B7E5ED-F973-4BC9-A1AD-BAA701BB3EE0.jpeg

And it worked!!
Once the doors unlocked, I was able to pop the hood, and get the trickle charger on it. Tomorrow I'll put the splash tray back on (and clean up the engine bay).

I really think the battery has been standing too long now, so I'll probably just get a new one. I'm also going to have to pull the driver's door lining off and sort out where my workmate bent the locking rods.
My baby lives!!!

This is the perfect case for a permanent built in battery tender with a plug accessible from the outside hidden away somewhere :)

I mean, this whole saga could have been avoided if my workmate didn't decide to just bend the locking rods. If he'd left it alone like I asked. I knew what I was doing. So I'll grab a second hand actuator, and swap out the bent rods. Then if the battery goes flat again, at least the door lock works.

Last edited:
Having set them up for all of my cars now, I can vouch for the little solar panels. The ones with controllers are so much better because you at least have an idea of what it's doing.

This is the perfect case for a permanent built in battery tender with a plug accessible from the outside hidden away somewhere :)
i have one for defa charger for my scooter, awesome cable just to poking out and quick to connect.

but i did install permanent one to my fiesta at one point (webasto and all).

or @Misrabelle could go full @Matt2000 with the solar panels :D

Went for it's annual pre-registration inspection today. Passed. Of course. It was a lovely day, so we took the scenic route home from work, where it got a bath.