Clarkson: Another Clarkson show tomorrow night

Goose+

"Jeremy Clarkson: Greatest Raid of All Time"

March 18th
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

This is a terrific war story, grippingly told by Clarkson. Anyone who saw his Victoria Cross programme in 2003 will know he has a fine knack of spinning a Boy's Own tale of wartime derring-do. And they don't come much more derring than the 1942 commando raid on St Nazaire. With Britain losing the Battle of the Atlantic, Churchill wanted to knock out the Germans' giant dry dock on the Atlantic coast of France. So he called in the new commando special forces, who devised a plan so wildly ambitious that the scene where Clarkson talks us through it using charts and models verges on the blackly comic. The veterans' own accounts of how the raid unfolded are equally jaw-dropping. ("I remember Johnny Proctor lying with his leg blown off, cheering us on.") Their toughness and incredible sang-froid bring a tear to the eye and offer, for older children, an inspiring history lesson.

Just letting you know :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope there will be a good rip of that.

thanks for the info :)

^^Yes please!

I'm sure there will be a rip somehow. There is always one.

finally, clarkson does something that he cares about other than top gear...

now all we need is for some engineering thing to come along in the next year.

finally, clarkson does something that he cares about other than top gear...

now all we need is for some engineering thing to come along in the next year.

I agree, that would be great.
Clarkson's documentaries are always brilliant. I cant wait for tommorow nights programme as this particular moment in history has always fascinated me.

Hope somebody rips it, I love WW2 documenteries, somehow far away and not yet too far.

Goose has put the wrong date which is confusing people.

I can't wait for this. Should be interesting seeing as sometimes on TG he likes to rag on Germany about the war. :p If it's anything like Speed and Greatest Inventions it will be television gold.

Looking forward to this. :) Clarkie's good at docus.

7 ...