Another Marina owners club thread...

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
Oddly enough, I saw a Marina parked around the corner from my house a couple of days back. I had to do a double take, as it has been a long time since I've seen one without a piano on it. True story.

And FG's very own Captain 70's is a Marina forum member! I always suspected he might be a double agent!!! ;)
'
Good to see at least some of them have a sense of humour, although driving one of those pieces of shit you'd have to wouldn't you?

It looks like TG are faking cars again! :shock:

Just after the controversy with the fake Ferraris used during the 2009 TG Live tour has died down, it now appears as though the Marina in 14x03 wasn't actually a Marina at all, but an Ital with a Mk3 Marina front end grafted onto it!

http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2931&start=45

If the MMOC were REALLY vindictive, they'd share this revelation with the Daily Fail ... we all know how much the Fail likes to make a meal of any piece of potential TG related controversy.

:rofl:

Last edited:
it now appears as though the Marina in 14x03 wasn't actually a Marina at all, but an Ital with a Mk3 Marina front end grafted onto it!
That would explain why I thought I'd seen it before - I'd just watched Duel and recognised the numberplate. But not I'll have to watch 14x03 again and look for the rear lights, because that'd give the game away. Which means I'll have to look at all those Lancias again. I'll go and get my drool bucket...

No tees with their french sister company, Piano Avion Malheureusement*? :p

*yeah, the one based in Val Thorens.

Just after the controversy with the fake Ferraris used during the 2009 TG Live tour has died down, it now appears as though the Marina in 14x03 wasn't actually a Marina at all, but an Ital with a Mk3 Marina front end grafted onto it!

It's called "television". Even the Ferrari Daytona used on "Miami Vice" was fake - that's why Ferrari supplied them with a Testaossa for the later series.

As the Marina was not, not at all, the focus of the film and i can imagine getting a steady supply of new Marinas to destroy gets harder every day, "faking" a Marina by using another BL parts bin car with Marina decal attached to it is perfectely legitimate.

Reading the comments over there, many seem to be happy with the poking of fun... Except that one chap who thinks people should be shot over it, they are likely a spazz.

Negative Nancy: "That's an Ital, they're faking things the bastards!"

Positive Pete: "That's an Ital, they must be running out of Marinas, hooray!"

Oddly enough, I saw a Marina parked around the corner from my house a couple of days back. I had to do a double take, as it has been a long time since I've seen one without a piano on it. True story.

If you give me coordinates, I can have Kangaroo Air Piano Moving come by.

http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2931&start=45

If the MMOC were REALLY vindictive, they'd share this revelation with the Daily Fail ... we all know how much the Fail likes to make a meal of any piece of potential TG related controversy.

Yeah, it's not like the Ital was a Marina with some new body panels... oh, wait....

It's called "television". Even the Ferrari Daytona used on "Miami Vice" was fake - that's why Ferrari supplied them with a Testaossa for the later series.

As the Marina was not, not at all, the focus of the film and i can imagine getting a steady supply of new Marinas to destroy gets harder every day, "faking" a Marina by using another BL parts bin car with Marina decal attached to it is perfectely legitimate.

Especially when the parts bin car actually is a Marina with different badging and revised bodywork. Same s**t, different label.

Last edited:
Quiky might want to order another batch of shirts. I have a feeling there will be an on going demand for these.

If you give me coordinates, I can have Kangaroo Air Piano Moving come by.

It's gone now. It probably kangaroo hopped away. I'm guessing the clutches on Marinas are just as bad as the rest of the car ...:p

Meanwhile, whilst I'm dealing with irony deficiency ... I love this post from that thread:

Some Marina Fanboy said:
The Top Gear crew are told that they have to enter a Safari rally but their competitors are the German and Australian Top Gear crews...only catch the car has to be chosen for them and prepared WITH HELP for them.

Each country has a car they hate Chosen for them...

Germany....Trabant

Australia...whatever they think is bad

And Britain ...shock horror Marina...

Um, that would be a Marina, lads. Not just any old Marina, but the Australian 6 cylinder version. The same haphazard build quality and appalling handling, except with more power. If the chassis can barely contain 1.3 litres of fury, just imagine it trying to cope with an engine with double the capacity. The horror!

Last edited:
So, basically, the Marinions' plan would result in a 2 out of 3 chance that a Marina would get pianoed? Great plan, guys. :p

Especially when the parts bin car actually is a Marina with different badging and revised bodywork. Same s**t, different label.

I did not even know the two cars were this close cousins. In this case i'd even label the "fake" Marina a clever in-joke on BL parts bin engineering by the TG crew.

Slightly OT: Wasn't there a Morris Marina featured prominently for a few seconds in that new film Invictus?