Another nail in the coffin for British society

After reading your responses I'm beginning to understand more and more each day why we're about to become insolvent as a nation.

The way the UK is trying to solve the teenage pregnancy issue is clearly not working and hasn't been for the last 10 years. Nevermind the government is spending close to a billion pounds on advertising a year, oh and nevermind we have the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in Europe - because if we continue to pursue our current failed policies things are bound to change.

Unfortunely I don't have many of my own ideas as to how to reduce teenage pregnancies, but the exact opposite of what this sorry excuse of a government is doing will probably be a step in the right direction.

Unfortunely I don't have many of my own ideas as to how to reduce teenage pregnancies, but the exact opposite of what this sorry excuse of a government is doing will probably be a step in the right direction.

Your idea, then, is to not tell anyone about the contraceptive methods available to them? Sweet plan.

After reading your responses I'm beginning to understand more and more each day why we're about to become insolvent as a nation.

The way the UK is trying to solve the teenage pregnancy issue is clearly not working and hasn't been for the last 10 years. Nevermind the government is spending close to a billion pounds on advertising a year, oh and nevermind we have the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in Europe - because if we continue to pursue our current failed policies things are bound to change.

You mean the George Bush way? Teaching abstinence in schools and limiting access to contraceptives? Yes, it's a more honourable thing to do and a nicer one, but it doesn't work. The US has seen a huge rash of such pregnancies as well, but many more girls there are dying of backstreet abortions for fear of not being "accepted". I realise the current way of running this doesn't work either, but resorting to the opposite will only cause more trouble. A compromise may be called for.

The fact that your nation is one of (if not the) most promiscuous nations on Earth probably doesn't help. Maybe if there was something to do other than screw and drink on that tiny little island you call a nation your kids population would do it. :dunno:

Your idea, then, is to not tell anyone about the contraceptive methods available to them? Sweet plan.
If they know contraception is out there, then they'll think it's okay to have sex.

:rolleyes: