Another nail in the coffin for British society

Goose+

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eened-tonight-despite-furious-opposition.html

The UK?s first television advert for the morning-after pill is due to be screened tonight.

It will be shown after the 9pm watershed on ITV, Channel 4 and Sky among others.

Bayer Schering Pharma, which produces Levonelle One Step, is allowed to advertise as it is not a prescription drug.

Dominica Roberts, of the ProLife Alliance, yesterday insisted she was ?outraged?.

She said: ?It will have little impact on the numbers of unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

?Young girls will be particularly susceptible to this campaign and it is foolish to imagine they do not watch TV after the 9pm watershed.?

But a spokesman for sexual healthcare service Marie Stopes International, said: ?Such adverts will educate women about what to do in this situation.?

The move comes weeks after it emerged pregnancy advisory services will be allowed to advertise on TV and radio for the first time and that condom manufacturers will be permitted to show adverts pre-watershed.

Levonelle has been promoted with posters and in magazines. A 2004 poster was withdrawn after Catholics complained over the phrase ? immaculate contraception?.

A spokesman for Bayer said: ?We believe TV advertising plays an important role in informing women about Levonelle One Step and how it can be obtained.?

I do not see why this is such a big deal. :roll:

Dominica Roberts, of the ProLife Alliance, yesterday insisted she was ?outraged?.

She said: ?It will have little impact on the numbers of unplanned pregnancies and abortions.

?Young girls will be particularly susceptible to this campaign and it is foolish to imagine they do not watch TV after the 9pm watershed.?
Of course contraceptives have little impact on the numbers of unplanned pregnancies and abortions. If it eliminates the pregnancy in the first place, there can't be an unplanned pregnancy or an abortion, can there?

And susceptible to what? Having the sex they're probably already having now?

You guys don't sit in the cinema and cringe when the government's use a condom advert comes on?

I find this use of media an insult to my intelligence and an insult that we should all be forced to watch the government plain outright interfere with our lives.

At the same time, this very same government is content with paying the peasants to procreate.

You guys don't sit in the cinema and cringe when the government's use a condom advert comes on?

I find this use of media an insult to my intelligence and an insult that we should all be forced to watch the government plain outright interfere with our lives.

At the same time, this very same government is content with paying the peasants to procreate.

I still remember one of the old ass Victorian government ones.

If it's not on, it's not on

:p

No, no I don't.

Because the message needs to get out there. Schools are fairly useless for sex education, universities are OK, and nobody sees their doctor regularly enough to get "wear a condom advice".

Look at the advantages - avoids STDs, allows safe sex. Unless you're a hard-right Catholic I don't see the problem with either condoms or "use a condom" adverts. You can't stop people having sex, you can at least try to get them having sex safely.

If it will have little impact, why are you outraged?

Remember, this is a pro-life supporter we're talking about.

The phrase "head in the sands" seems to hold some meaning here.

Young people today etc etc...

*Puts on flat cap, loads shotgun*

No complaints about this from my side. some condom commercials are quite funny. People should have free access to the morning after pill IMO. prevents stupid homeless kids from running around sucking welfare in the future.

Just my opinion.

Unless I'm missing something I can't see any problems here.

My family is catholic and I wear condoms. My grandmothers sister had an abortion too. Get over your goo it is not that precious.

Saddly in .us they still think telling teens to wait till marriage is sex ed:(
I dont mind seeing ads for condoms/birth control depedning on when it airs and on what channel.
I dont want my kid(when i have one)to see them during saturday morning cartoons

It's unfortunate that we need this, but I agree. It's not abortion, it's contraception, and we have more than enough people on this planet anyway.

This.

Reading comprehension is hard when you've got emotional investment in the issue.
Nah, I was more interested to know if the OP had any good arguments for his cause, because I see none.