• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Another One Bites the Dust..........

Cigar2

........(Don't know where I should put this news so Mods move to wheere it needs to be)

But it looks like Car and Driver TV IS DEAD!!!!! It is no loner airing on Spike TV.
Let us count the TV Car Review show the have bit the dust in the last five or so years.
First on Speed/Speedvision we Motorvision the German auto show it was great cause it review cars not seen in the USA.
Then their was Autoweek and Motor Trend TV both were so so shows. All three were sacrificial lambs to the GIANT Teat of NASCRAP and the France Family.
Also there was the brief rest bit of 5th Gear re-airs. But it's gone but for the repeats of the shows they bought from Channel Five.
Locally for me a local PBS station aired for a year or so aired Auto, Motor, und Sport TV it's gone too.

So unless Discovery Channel decides go ahead with Top Gear USA or (better re-edited re-airs of Top Gear) all we have left here in the States is Motorweek (it's okay in it's blandness it's made by PBS you can't except Top Gear or 5th Gear quailty from PBS.
When it comes to up to date new car reviews shows. Unless you want to count both Dream Car Garage and Sports Car Revolution with their car reviews has real reviews.
It's dark times in America from those wtihout real computers and high speed net connctions.
To down load Top Gear and 5th Gear off the net I'm still on dialup and the thing I use (an MSNTV2 box) to surf the net can't do a rip and burn for 5th Gear and Top Gear.
Perhaps it's God Punishment on the USA for thing's that are going on in the world.
I guess it's going to be a whole lot of praying for Top Gear in any form and dvd video's of Best Motoring video for me if I want something differnet.

One time I wrote Car & Driver TV to tell them how bad they sucked. I compared them to TG and.....well basically it was a big rant.

Good, that was such a horrible program, I'm glad its off the air.

Re: Another One Bites the Dust..........

Cigar2 said:
First on Speed/Speedvision we Motorvision the German auto show it was great cause it review cars not seen in the USA.
You guys actually had Motorvision (dubbed I assume ;) ) on American TV?

IMO that's one of the better car shows on German TV. Not nearly as good or entertaining as TG, but alright. They do a "tracktest" on each episode, where they measure acceleration, braking distance, etc. and then they throw the car around a very tight and twisty track. (A lap only takes ~20 seconds) That's one of the best parts of the show! BTW, they have been doing this for years, way before TG and always (!) in the dry.

If anybody is interested, here's the board:
http://www.motorvision.de/motorvision/Motorvision/Sendungen/Motorvision-TV/Archiv/MV-132.html
--> At the bottom of the page. #1 is currently the Lotus Exige, last is the Smart ForTwo. :lol:

Another link which may be interesting:
http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/gene...sion/Videos/Tracktest/BMW/mv131-bmw_20M5.html
This takes you to the video-archives of "Motorvision". In this case, specifically to the video of the "Tracktest" of the new BMW M5. You can browse all their "Tracktest" videos, which I think will be interesting despite the German commentary. The Top Gear track really is a high-speed track compared to this one, handling plays a much bigger role here.
You can also browse through the road tests, comparisons, etc.

Car & Driver was awful. Even worse than Motortrend with that host who looked like a gym teacher sporting that Burt-Reynolds-moustache.

Top/5th Gear > *

are you guys serious?! i liked C/D TV. it blew Motortrend television out of the water and was generally pretty good. WTF am i gonna do on saturday mornings now...
atleast there is still TRUCKS! and HorsePower TV.

If Car and Driver TV blew Motor Trend TV out of the water, then I'm glad I've never seen the latter.

I'm sure Larry Webster is a fine driver. But if I hear his oh-so-girly voice one more freaking time, I'm going to set his Subaru Tribeca on fire, with his mother in it. (Bad "Snatch" reference.)

Thank god it's been cancelled. I guess they finally realized that viewers found Danica Patrick's badly worded introductions more interesting.

motortrend TV sucked monkey dick from what i've seen. some bored dude listed specs while the car drove slowly around a slightly twisty road.

Rednecks don't wakeup before 1PM. They'll never miss it, OR trucks and billybobs horsepower TV.

I wrote those bozos at Spike and told them to get proper Euro TUNING shows. That's why they're a failure as a network. Everyone at spike slept through "this show sucks" class in college.

Trucks-StaceyD.jpg

Listen up! I have a girls name, and drive a purple bronco!

Trucks! is an awesome show. i really enjoy it :thumbsup:
that purple bronco he built was amazing!

bartboy9891 said:
motortrend TV sucked monkey dick from what i've seen. some bored dude listed specs while the car drove slowly around a slightly twisty road.

Yeah, i agree with you there Bartboy, and the comment about trucks....copperhead was pretty badass. But C/D TV sucked more than 8 guys doing 9 guys...

I remember there was one car, i believe it was a Mazda (not RX-8 ), and narrator said, and i quote..."The styling of this new Mazda just seems to have the car saying 'Hey! look at me'" And with that, I politely pulled up their website and told them that one line was so pathetic, I would never watch again.

Even James May wouldn't say a line THAT bland.

wahaha said:
Trucks-StaceyD.jpg

Listen up! I have a girls name, and drive a purple bronco!

Rockin the hockey hair cut....woooahhhhh..!

M3lover said:
^Wauw!
That sounds awesome.
Got me all exsited just describing it.

Have you seen some of the danish shows, just the same, boooooring :thumbsdown: Thank god for Top Gear :thumbsup:

I hate car and driver. :|

M3lover wrote:
^Wauw!
That sounds awesome.
Got me all exsited just describing it.

Have you seen some of the danish shows, just the same, boooooring Thank god for Top Gear
There haven't been that many have there? I only remember "Femte gear" and then the small shows Bil magasinet makes in Go'morgen Danmark