Another "recommend me a car" thread - this one is for my brother.

As an ex owner of a 2010's Volkswagen product with timing chain problems, it's a pet peeve of mine. :p

Only recently i learned that Nissan has huge issues with the 1.2 DIG-T which is the volume engine in the Qashqai, their money maker in Europe. Some engines have crapped out at 50k km and Nissan won't honor any kind of warranty or goodwill if you can't show a dealer service history.

As an ex owner of a 2010's Volkswagen product with timing chain problems, it's a pet peeve of mine. :p

Only recently i learned that Nissan has huge issues with the 1.2 DIG-T which is the volume engine in the Qashqai, their money maker in Europe. Some engines have crapped out at 50k km and Nissan won't honor any kind of warranty or goodwill if you can't show a dealer service history.

So we're narrowing it down then? non-20d BMW's, perhaps a Mercedes C-class?

*poke*

EasyEveryChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

Will it be best to have it closed then? I am sure that he already found a car since it's been months.

This has been shelved for an undetermined period of time, no use in bumping the thread.
I saw you were online and figured “let’s poke the bear.” ?

Will it be best to have it closed then? I am sure that he already found a car since it's been months
With "this have been shelved" I meant the search, not the thread. No, he hasn't found a car, and we're not looking at the moment, for a number of reasons. If/when the search continues, I will surely pick this back up.