Ownership Verified: Another Tesla lurking in the shadows...

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
You know what? I've never noticed the damping mechanism. I don't know if mine works or not, I don't think I've ever heard it break. :LOL:

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, Equus
You know what? I've never noticed the damping mechanism. I don't know if mine works or not, I don't think I've ever heard it break. :LOL:
We need some videos! Maybe you didn't get it :D

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Well, it is quite well done, actually (except for the falling off part). It's only noticeable in that there's not a loud and disconcerting KLUNK sound when the handle snaps back into the car. The dampening only sets in on the last cm or two, it's not that the entire range of motion is slowed (very much like the typical kitchen drawer nowadays - goes fast 90% of the way, then slow and smooth for the last 10%).
I'll say this: if it weren't there on your car, you'd know. it does feel and sound wrong, as though the handle is actively trying to break your door every time you let go of it...

loose_unit

DONOR
Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, Equus
Free charging at work, finally!:driving:no more 100% public charging nuisance...

NICE!

I can't wait for my company to offer the same - They already do in our newer offices in the U.S. and UK - We just don't yet have any newer offices in Germany :D

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Charging at work was one of the main reasons I went with the 3 in the first place. Our Frankfurt office has a single charger provided by the building management (Wisag). Any renter can use it for free, so far there are no specific regulations on maximum times or anything. Used to be very relaxed as I was pretty much the only user through 2019, now there are several PHEVs that regularly plug in and use the spot as their parking for days on end... really hope they can get that sorted or add another wallbox or two soon.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Yeah... what starts out super nice (nobody caring how the charger is used) turns into rather annoying very quickly in that case...

When I got the 3 I was still working for a company that actually manufactured chargers themselves, but then I had to go and switch jobs! Not too bad, to behonest, that just meant that twice a week (120 km round trip commute) I had to have the car outside the office at one of the public chargers for half a day and then move it to employee parking during lunch. Also I had to pay ofc, despite the fact that the charger is operated by my employer...
Now though, we have about 20 charge points at our employee parking (those have been there since May - just not operational ffs) and, as far as I can tell, exactly three people using them. There's no signage or anything, so they're often ICEd, but since they're outside (vs. inside the parking garage), there are always open spots. That's probably going to change quicker than I'd like, though...
For now, they're free to use (just present any rfid), but they'll make the switch to subsidized rates for employees sooner or later. Luckily, as I know the colleagues in charge rather well, probably later rather than sooner :)

Funny thing: since there's so many chargers (on the other side of the fence - disclosure: I work for a municipal utility now and the local DSO has an additional 50 charge points for their fleet at least), they've booked a rather shitty load balancing system supplied by the charge point manufacturer it seems. Every time I plug in, despite the fact that in total there's maybe 10 cars charging (out of a possible total 70 or so), the amperage allowed by the charger jumps around like crazy for a minute until it settles at 16A :dunno: Since I was involved in the development of such systems before, I can only imagine what the hell they did to end up with such a weirdly oscillating behavior (rather like old-school PID control...).

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
Free charging at work, finally!:driving:no more 100% public charging nuisance...

My current employer stated that they had free charging for employees and customers at parking when i applied to the position :3
Free charging is always a plus, even if the other stall is daytimes used to charge colleagues 330e plugin (and maybe after the year changes, one other ev).