Ownership Verified: Another Tesla lurking in the shadows...

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
I forgot (or possibly never knew) that TÜV depends on distance covered and not just years. MOT here is just three years for a new car.

Glad it went through without many issues. Scoring on brakes isn't ideal, EV manufacturers may have to re-think the concept of brakes entirely if lack of use becomes an issue.

loose_unit

Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, Equus
I forgot (or possibly never knew) that TÜV depends on distance covered and not just years. MOT here is just three years for a new car.

Glad it went through without many issues. Scoring on brakes isn't ideal, EV manufacturers may have to re-think the concept of brakes entirely if lack of use becomes an issue.

TÜV for a brand new car is 3 years, after that two years. KMs don't matter

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
I’ll definitely make sure to do some hard braking right before next TÜV in two years, just to see whether that helps in any way

The cleanest my brakes have ever been was after 2 Ring laps at Ringmeet. Just saying :p

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike

Yeah the km I just put in as an info - nothing to do with TÜV.

Regarding brakes: VW is doing rear drums again because of this. Good easy solution tbh - don’t see much of the drums with those mostly closed EV wheels anyway.
Renault has gone from rear drums to discs with the new Zoe… which I don’t get. Oh well.

The cleanest my brakes have ever been was after 2 Ring laps at Ringmeet. Just saying :p
And the 'Ring is not far from Köln ;-)

And there are superchargers in Nürburg :p:p
Yeees yeees 😝

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
TÜV for a brand new car is 3 years, after that two years. KMs don't matter
Yeah ignore me I was just going by the first date in the thread rather than the first line where you said you got it in June 2019. :LOL:

loose_unit

Car(s)
Zastava, MX-5, Equus

Regarding brakes: VW is doing rear drums again because of this. Good easy solution tbh - don’t see much of the drums with those mostly closed EV wheels anyway.
Renault has gone from rear drums to discs with the new Zoe… which I don’t get. Oh well.

Yeees yeees 😝

Once mine arrives we can go meet up there, bring the kids and I will bring mine :-D

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Yeah ignore me I was just going by the first date in the thread rather than the first line where you said you got it in June 2019. :LOL:
Yeah… registered 31.05.2019 - so 05/2019. but delivered mid June since they moved the delivery date twice.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Quick post, nearing 75kkm... not a lot of driving lately. Oh well...
After my pre-TÜV checks at the service center they randomly scheduled mobile service for the rear-camera wiring harness recall. Guy came buy our house and starting taking half the car apart for that. Done after about 45 minutes, all good, no additional rattles or anything. According to him, they don't, as I originally thought, actually check the cable for any issues or wear or anything, but just replace it if it's a certain type. So he said basically he is at 100% of those that he gets to look at also actually get replaced. Some time in 2020 they seem to have made adjustments to prevent the issue... no idea.
anyway: mobile service good. nothing else to report, except that alignment indeed seems to have lowered my consumption somewhat, as I had hoped, but it's still a bit all over the place (as it's always been). same route, same conditions, sometimes 14, sometimes 17 kWh/100 km :dunno: don't care, still fairly low, so i'm happy.
oh edit edit: had a tesla wall connector just lying around in my future garage for a few weeks now, waiting for the electrician and the works on the house to go a little further to have that thing installed... it'll go where the current door to the house is, so i actually have to wait for them to put the half-wall in and get that insulated and plastered and then (!) i can get the damn thing mounted. ugh. it'll still take a while I guess. also have a spare glass front fascia for that thing, since I ordered the grey replacement, which i'll probably never get rid of, because who the hell would want the stock white one (that, despite being made of glass, somehow looks like cheap-o-plastic) and how would you ever manage to damage that thing without killing the whole unit in the process. meh.