Ownership Verified: Another Tesla lurking in the shadows...

I like the Knight Rider look that comes with black if the chrome is covered.
Also: I'm so mad at Tesla for switching to the blacked out trim pieces this year. FFS :| I would've paid money to have that (again: now I cba to do anything about it). With the black wheels it would've been so sweet. But no, can't have nice things.
... also would've gone in favor of the blue: the chrome trim on blue actually looks better. ugh.

by the by: what has two thumbs and stood next to the car like an idiot, wondering why the doors won't open, after getting a new phone the day before? :thumbsup: ... had to bloody well finagle the stupid card out of my wallet for the first time in like 1.5 years! I was actually relieved that it worked.

Also: I'm so mad at Tesla for switching to the blacked out trim pieces this year. FFS :| I would've paid money to have that (again: now I cba to do anything about it). With the black wheels it would've been so sweet. But no, can't have nice things.
... also would've gone in favor of the blue: the chrome trim on blue actually looks better. ugh.

by the by: what has two thumbs and stood next to the car like an idiot, wondering why the doors won't open, after getting a new phone the day before? :thumbsup: ... had to bloody well finagle the stupid card out of my wallet for the first time in like 1.5 years! I was actually relieved that it worked.
Agreed on both counts with the colours, the black trim should really be an option as I think it makes blue, red or white cars look tacky. Black cars suit it perfectly. I can't stop loving the blue and chrome combination and I'm not a fan of chrome usually.

Did the same thing when I got my new phone last year, it's really possible to just take technology for granted. It also took me about 6 months to remember to re-connect it to the Bluetooth for phone calls/messages.

Did the same thing when I got my new phone last year, it's really possible to just take technology for granted. It also took me about 6 months to remember to re-connect it to the Bluetooth for phone calls/messages.
Honestly what I was most astonished by was how like 50% of my apps persisted logins and data across devices (transfering phone to phone, not via icloud)... but then 50% didn't. make up your mind damn it, either have me re-do everything or actually use whatever magic it was the other devs used to persist the stuff.
... BT in the car took me like 2 minutes after finally getting in. i need mah podcasts (and refuse to use spotify or tunein for those)!

DE5D2885-7F9A-43D8-AD7D-2FD55E3B7989.jpeg

first time going through the car wash after they introduced car wash mode… which also tells you just how badly the car needed a wash. And holy crap does it look different clean…

anyway, what made for a few panicky seconds was discovering that car wash mode doesn’t actually automatically put the car in N / free roll. Still have to do that myself. Good to know, I guess.

nothing else to report. The car Leads an extremely boring life. We got the second kiddy seat the other day, to be installed in a month maybe. Should be interesting how well the top tether works around the headrest (can’t go through) and how many wrinkles in the vegan leather (lol) it leaves.

oh also, as you can see, the car still always shows the passenger climate controls despite the seat being empty. But hey, why fix bugs like that if you can be hard at work integrating another retro game nobody wants. wankers.

What is car wash mode?
Car Wash Mode closes all windows, locks all doors [and, more importantly, the charge port], and disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, walk-away door locking, and parking sensor chimes.
... so basically it does everything needed to safely and conveniently go through a car wash without having to worry the entire time whether you forgot about something. especially wipers off and locking the car so the charge port doesn't open on touch and gets ripped off (addition in the quote above by me). On the other hand I did check everything beforehand anyway, because I don't trust tesla to implement such a simple (and booooring) feature properly :|

since this month I have to go get TÜV and tesla seem to have a bad rap, I decided maybe at 72kkm it's time to have the car checked over a little. So it spent half a day at the service center (why?) getting the alignment checked / fixed, lights aligned and a general look-over of the chassis. only resulting comment: tires are loud, recommend replacing all 4. yup. tires are loud, guess what, I know. bloody ps4's have that weird tread issue where they start to make a sort of grinding noise at certain speeds because of stupid harmonics or whatever? next tires will be different...

anyhoo, also this thing showed up today, because I actually have an old oven/range cable (3ph 16A) running right past the garage to the former upstairs apartment of our new house (which is gonna be a single family home in the future, so we don't need an upstairs kitchen anymore). since the tesla charger is cheap, comes with its own RCD (so no need to pay for that on top) and has "the button", it was a rather quick decision. will be meeting a buddy electrician on the weekend, so install shouldn't hurt the wallet too much either. only thing is, as I had to see for myself at the service center, the stock white front plate really does look like cheap plastic garbage (despite the fact that it's actualyl glass that makes up like 1/4 of the total weight of the charger, it feels like - another 50% go to the cable). So yeah, "midnight silver metallic" (or "grey") replacement front as well, to go with our future dark grey windows and door (on a light yellow house - which I don't really love, but don't hate enough to have the whole house repainted).
1652881083138.png

If you can get them. I can recommend Dunlop Direzza DZ102

I never had any issues with PS4S on the 140i
Ah… PS4 or PS4S? :p former for me (above s was meant for plural) - same shit happened on my dads set 🤷‍♂️ No idea, doesn’t bother me too much tbh, they’re just a bit noisy.

Sorry I am stupid I had Pilot SuperSports … absolutely fantastic tire … I got nearly 30,000km from a set and I absolutely abused the f*** out of them 🤣

Bloody daft of them to have their tires all named the same… shouldnt buy another set just for that!
If you can get them. I can recommend Dunlop Direzza DZ102
while there probably are 30-40kkm on this set, they’re very much still alive and will probably survive another few years. Because I drive like a granny 🙈 i‘ll try and keep this in mind, though, thanks.

Mine had PS4S but I didn't have the car long enough to worry about them. Glad I didn't have to buy any, apart from the winters that I sold.

Last edited:
Annoyance: can't change the color front plate of the wall connector because I don't have a long t10 bit and the bloody hole is too tight for all the bit holders that I own. ugh. not that it matters much because the damn thing isnt gonna be installed for a few weeks anyway - but still!

Sooo had to go TÜV today (3 years / 72k km already!)... was a bit apprehensive because of Teslas reputation, but all went fine. The dude was very sceptical of my brakes, though, because they were slightly rusty and had some grooves (only on the outside though). Should've just told him the car had been sitting for a while, but in the end he was happy to just chalk it up to "just EV things", tell me to use my brakes more, and put a little notice to keep an eye on them :dunno: Everything else looked very good, he said. So there goes a slight worry off of my mind. Nice!

Same thing happened to me - brakes have visible grooves, and there are some threads on TFF forums that TÜV rejects them as defects sometimes. My car went through fine, however they did remark that especially the rear disks are an issue and will probably fail the next TÜV in two years in this state. Oh well, that'll be the leasing company's or more likely the next owner's problem :)

Funnily enough they were more concerned with the fronts for me… no comment at all on the back. A bit strange, as I’d expect the rear to be used less ie in a worse state, no? But yeah, visible grooves for me, too. the first guy said this didn’t look good at all, but his colleague s somehow convinced him it was totally fine. I’ll definitely make sure to do some hard braking right before next TÜV in two years, just to see whether that helps in any way 🤷‍♂️