Another trip to China!

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Saab 900 Turbo
Damn, Dark_Templer_102 stole my thunder... <_< :p

As I may have mentioned here before, I'm Chinese, and I'm heading back to ze motherland tomorrow. I'll be all over China, including Shanghai, Harbin (up north, my hometown) and Wuhan, as well as going to some places I've never been to before, like Osaka, Japan and Lhasa, Tibet. I'll be bringing my Canon EOS Rebel Ti; unfortunately, it's film, but when I get back I'll be sure to post pictures here.

I'm writing a journal of my experiences, which you can see here:

http://chinagoodsinspection.com/bzr/

Please, read it and leave comments! :D

FOR ZE MUZZALAND!!

Yes, i'm chinese as well. Haven't been back to the hometown in a few years though (Xi'an for you fellow chinese FG members out there).

Have a great time! I know I only go back for the food (they think I got back for the family....suckers).

It seems my thread is about to die anyways, i guess i'll have to get some pictures so people will look at it or something...

I'm loven this Chinese internet speed though..

Have fun in the motherland!

20 hours on a plane is hellish, but I'm in Shanghai!
Go read all about it! :D

Stupid airports. I'm only in there for an hour, and they force me to buy a day pass for $7.95 just so I can upload a stinking blog entry. Can I get a refund for the other 23 hours? I wasn't expecting my motel to have free Internet, and it's actually fast, too! Super 8 FTW!

Too bad Wikipedia doesn't work. And those Tiananmen pictures were planted! <_<

Nice blog entry BlaRo :thumbsup: Enjoy your time over there!

you did what I did when I went to Japan a couple months back and did a blog...
have fun in China man, i loved it...

We don't have firewalls (i think) its just the chinese servers just don't allow us to reach certain websites...

Oddly i can find alot of stuff on "mao zedong killings"

and i can open up pictures of "Tiananmen square" and they are the normal one of the guy standing infront of the tank....i guess when i go to shanghai i will see if it still works there..

Sorry i didn't see but where did you travel from? Like...where did u fly from to get to shanghai because it took me 12 hours from New York to Beijing..

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Sorry i didn't see but where did you travel from? Like...where did u fly from to get to shanghai because it took me 12 hours from New York to Beijing..
I may have been exaggerating on the flight time because when I'm aboard an airplane time loses all conceivable meaning. It was 2 hours from Boston to Chicago, an hour of waiting there, and about 14 hours from Chicago to Shanghai, with our plane going up north first to Siberia and all the way down. It's shorter that way, but 14 hours still is pretty damn boring.

Thanks for reading, guys! I'm already way behind on my postings because of stupid jet lag and whatnot, but I'll be posting a lot more soon! 8)

I don't know if it's like this with Chinese people elsewhere, but in Ottawa, Canada where I live (there are alot of Chinese people here btw), no one gives a hoot about Tibet. The only people that care are the white people, which I can't really understand since 90% of them have never stepped foot into Asia.

Koenig said:
The only people that care are the white people, which I can't really understand since 90% of them have never stepped foot into Asia.

Do you have to "step foot into Asia" in order to care about people?

Dark_Templer_102 said:
Hey i'm in Shanghai now in Hilton! You anywhere near?
I was at the Super 8 when I was in Shanghai; now I'm in Harbin, my hometown. Represent! :thumbup:
foodsign.jpg

crabovaries.jpg

By the way, is there anything suspicious about a Walnut Red Gibson Les Paul Standard selling for 4000 RMB, or $500 US Dollars? It goes for about $2 grand back home... :?

^^It's a sensory overload of Engrish! LOL

BlaRo, I had a read of you blog and saw your mention of the Buick Regal brochure so I thought, why not?

From the Buick China website :lol:
The owners of BUICK Regal are those who have a high respect for wisdom, open-mindedness and great taste. They remain calm in the face of successes, as well as challenges. They work hard at innovation, constantly looking for ways to improve things. Regal is the best choice amongst the cars of the same class because Regal expresses their ways of life, their success and highly respectable positions.

Bump. Does anybody here have any ideas on how to call America for really really cheap? Right now it's $2.99 a minute on my dad's cell phone, or 40RMB on a calling card which is good for...10 minutes. :( Any other suggestions?

Also, updated my site. I'm in Dalian now, I'll make a post about that eventually. Go read it!

you should try skype if you have internet... but calling the US shouldn't be that expensive. 40RMB = ~5USD for 10 mins is still pretty reasonable

The easier thing to do is have your dad call you instead. Just give him a call and hang up and let him call you. When I went to China I just had my parent just call me instead.

From reading your blog it looks like a fun trip. Man, some day I need to go to Beijing and Shanghai for at least once.