Any FON users on here?

oliB

Hi!

Does anybody on here have any experience with the FON WiFi community? I'm thinking about joining, because the possibility of having free WiFi in many places over the world sounds very interesting. You get a special WiFi router for cheap which enables you to share (and limit) your broadband connection, in exchange you can surf the web using the connection of others for free. This does sound very tempting, especially in the days of WiFi and VoIP enabled cell phones. The community is pretty big already and I'm pretty sure it will just continue growing.

BTW, does anybody have a promotion code for FON? I had one, would have gotten the Router for free but missed the deadline unfortunately. Or is there a FON member on here who would like to invite me? This would save me 20 bucks. :)

TIA
Oliver

Last edited:
I have had one for a few months but no one seems to use it. The router is awesome, it's about the size of a deck of playing cards but the signal is better than my 70USD netgear router. I have a few promo codes left, PM me your email address and I'll send you one.