Any germans want to help me?

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
I need a new child car seat and as a Dane I instantly thought 'that has to be cheaper in Germany' :p My german is pretty rusty so I'm failing in googeling.
I'm looking for a Cybex Pallas 2, NOT the isofix one (preferably in black) and it needs to be in an actual shop as I'm going to Germany in 2 weeks, the shop should be in the area from the border to Soltau or within 20-30 kms from Soltau (can't remember exactly where we are staying but it's around there) It costs 320? here for the black one and the grey is on sale for 250?.
Hilfe ;)

Bonus question; Is there a place in the same area that has Salomon shoes?

I didn't find anything in Soltau, but in Bispingen (where you drive by to get to Soltau) there is a shop called Alles f?r das Kind (everything for the child). At the page Neuheiten (News) there is a Cybex Sirona childseat so the Pallas 2 could be in stock, too. You can try the out child seats they have in stock in your car, that's explicitly written on the website.
Additionally, I found a BabyOne in Hamburg which is just 2.5 km away from the Autobahn 7 which you take. They have the Pallas 2 in their online-shop, too, but it costs 250 Euros, too. According to the online-shop the seats with Isofix can be used in cars without Isofix, too, since the Isofix-connectors can be stowed away in the seat.

One more thought: why does it have to be an actual shop? I think there should be no problem to ship it to the place you'll stay in Soltau so you don't have to narrow it down to actual shops.

Salomon shoes are available at intersport which is in the Marktstr. 5 in Soltau. :)

Last edited:
OK, that's an alternative, too. :) Depending on when you drive by Norderstedt (just at the northern border of Hamburg) that would be feasible, too.

You basically live on the A7, no detour at all :nod: if it's a weekend I could do that as well, but Kiel is quite a detour.

Another thought, are foreigners allowed to ship to a Packstation?

Last edited:
You basically live on the A7, no detour at all :nod:
Well, it's a detour of just 10 km, but I'm not always at home, you know work and other stuff. :p

Work... I've heard of that concept :p I'm usually off to Hanover Monday 6am to Friday 6pm.

Another thought, are foreigners allowed to ship to a Packstation?

No, you need a German address to register for one. I have looked into this multiple times, since I basically live on the border, and it would save me quite a lot in shipping.

No, you need a German address to register for one. I have looked into this multiple times, since I basically live on the border, and it would save me quite a lot in shipping.
Do you have any relatives/very good friends in Germany? My brother lives in Strasbourg and he just used our parents' address for his registration. It worked flawlessly.

One more thought: why does it have to be an actual shop? I think there should be no problem to ship it to the place you'll stay in Soltau so you don't have to narrow it down to actual shops.

Maybe I could do that, need to find out the address though, my parents booked it and just know that it's around Soltau/Heide Park.

OK, that's an alternative, too. :) Depending on when you drive by Norderstedt (just at the northern border of Hamburg) that would be feasible, too.

It will be on sunday the 28th, and depending on traffic around 3 in the afternoon.

I'm free at the moment on 28th so if you can't ship it to Soltau you can ship it to my place and pick it up then.

Thanks a lot, I'll look around and let you know if I'll come to visit :)

Mild thread-hijack while we're at German-Danish trade relationships :D

Got any recommendations for six-ish weeks of Danish mobile data?

What's it for? 'Only' mobile internet or also phone and texts?

Mobile data only. Calls would be to Germany, so there's little point in having a local SIM making EU calls over just using roaming from a German SIM.

Hmm, the one I would have suggested (telmore.dk) seems to require a danish social security number, I'll try their support chat tomorrow and ask if non-danes can register :)

It will be on sunday the 28th, and depending on traffic around 3 in the afternoon.

If you're driving along the A7 (you are :p), prepare for madness - the traffic ministry here in Kiel has today gone all :nazilock: on the Rader Hochbr?cke (A7 bridge across Kiel Canal at Rendsburg) for at least four months, they found crumbling concrete at the top of all thirteen pylons... http://www.ndr.de/regional/schleswig-holstein/raderhochbruecke107.html - in short, one lane per direction and no vehicles above 7.5t GVWR.

Sunday should not be too bad, but still... also, prepare to have your Danish bum melted, expect 5-10?C more than home.

All the talk about the packstation... I'm rather sure, that a child seat won't fit. Package size is limited... I ordered a shower rack a couple of weeks ago, and it couldn't get delivered because one side of the package was larger than 50 or 60 cm... not exactly sure BUT... you can use all DHL shops as packstation now..