Any good samaritan with a Carfax account?

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Hi, is there any good samaritan out here with a Carfax account willing to share? I have an unlimited amount of e-beers to give out :p

The VIN is 3VWSA29M9XM040928, the car supposedly has 36.000 miles on it, which looks a bit suspicious, since its a 99

I wouldn't even go near this car. I don't have an account, but Carfax gave me a basic report:

VIN: 3VWSA29M9XM040928
Year/Make/Model: 1999 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA GLS
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 FI
Manufactured In: MEXICO
Search Results: 19 records found in our database

The car has 19 records :)blink:). With such a low mileage for such an old car and that amount of records, I say: move on.

I wouldn't even go near this car. I don't have an account, but Carfax gave me a basic report:

VIN: 3VWSA29M9XM040928
Year/Make/Model: 1999 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA GLS
Body Style: SEDAN 4 DR
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 FI
Manufactured In: MEXICO
Search Results: 19 records found in our database

The car has 19 records :)blink:). With such a low mileage for such an old car and that amount of records, I say: move on.

Often normal services pop up as a record, especially if done at a dealership. So really it could mean that in addition to being low mileage, it could have had any problems or normal services done at the dealership.

Now, this isn't exactly the same as carfax, but it does a similar thing for free, though it's not as useful as carfax:

https://www.nicb.org/cps/rde/xchg/nicb/hs.xsl/vincheck.html

If the car is from a dealership get them to do the carfax in front of you. Don't be taken by their "if we did carfax reports for everyone who came in we couldn't afford it" since you pay an extra $5 a month for unlimited checks nearly all bigger dealers subscribe to that.

Yeah, 19 records is no biggie. Every time is passes state inspection or had the oil changed at the dealer it will show up as a record.

Thanks all, I had seen the 19 records, but wasn't sure what it meant. The car is now outside the US (I live in Costa Rica), and judging from the plate number it was imported about a year ago. It's also from a private seller.
I can't check carfax myself since my credit card's billing address is outside the US.
The car looks and drives great, but I'm suspicious of a US car with that low mileage!

I checked the NCIS page and it's not stollen or a total loss. What I'd like to see is a mileage record of some sort. 19 records with such low miles? It should've have what, one oil change a year?
The VAG cars I know have a 10000 mile / 1 year service interval

Don't fret at low mileage... I just bought a 1998 car with 65 000KMs on it. that's spectacular, only about 40 000 miles.

I checked the NCIS page and it's not stollen or a total loss. What I'd like to see is a mileage record of some sort. 19 records with such low miles? It should've have what, one oil change a year?

I never knew the navy had anything to do with stolen cars.

Not for that year, VW was still pushing the 5K/6 Months oil change since they where also using Standard oil not synth.

Humm so its not a stolen, which is what i would expect for a car exported form the US. I dont have a carfax account so sorry i cant help.