Any ideas on how to make a Ka none girly ?

Proper rims, snappy paintjob and some light body modification. And if you want absolute manliness turn it into a pick-up.

It has been done before and should do the trick.

ka_pick_up.jpg

On second thought.. maybe not.

^besides the paintjob, that's awesome!

I said it before, I'll say it again: the KA is a good car that handles better than most of the cars you haters drive. It just looks girly, which is why the OP asked for ways to make it look a bit more butch. And there is nothing wrong with that. There is absolutely no need to recommend other cars as well as advise against cosmetical changes.

Thankyou !

Someone who actually fucking understands.

and cowboy, you can not make fun of ANYBODY with a name like that.

kthnxbye.

Proper rims, snappy paintjob and some light body modification. And if you want absolute manliness turn it into a pick-up.

It has been done before and should do the trick.

ka_pick_up.jpg

On second thought.. maybe not.

Thankyou !

kthnxbye.
Don't take it too hard, everybody gets screwed with here once in a while. It's all fun, no hard feelings. As long as there are a few serious comments among the pisstaking, you're good.

Thankyou !

kthnxbye.

O rly fuckwad?

Do you have even the slightest inkling of knowing where that nick (witch has been with me for 10 years btw) comes from? You don't.
Like any ricing teenager you know jack shit apart from how to ask dumbass questions on internetboards.....thank you, please try again.

Last edited:
O rly fuckwad?

Do you have even the slightest enkling of knowing where that nick (witch has been with me for 10 years btw) comes from? You don't.
Like any ricing teenager you know jack shit apart from how to ask dumbass questions on internetboards.....thank you, please try again.

Dumbass questions and I know jackshit ?

Clappity clap for you.
1. Not a dumbass question
2. I DO know shit.

Get off your high horse shitstabber.

Dumbass questions and I know jackshit ?

Clappity clap for you.
1. Not a dumbass question
2. I DO know shit.

Get off your high horse shitstabber.

I would if I could get down to your level .......

Now children...

^ valid point, I got carried away.

Wait, didn't this thread get locked? I like the look of the El Ka-mino, just without the strange colour scheme.

Wait, didn't this thread get locked? I like the look of the El Ka-mino, just without the strange colour scheme.

I did, then It got reopened, hilarity insued.............anyways, want a beer?

Seriously, invest as little money as humanly possible (you must learn to love scrapyards!), and just enjoy thrashing those bicycle wheels!

My first car was a 98' clio, cost me ?250.. my mods consisted of going to the scrapyard and getting new central locking sensors, and some engine parts to make it more reliable and kati'ing the rear arches to get rid of rust. I thrashed the crap out of it, learning how to handle a thin-wheeled fwd car and what happens when the limits are reached. with 126k on it, I sold it for double @?500. That was because it was in better condition than when I bought it, so I got my money back easily and was able to then buy a decent faster more safe car.

Cowboy - so where does the name come from? I just assumed its because you have a truck in Europe :p
As far as cars being "girly" - who cares? Unless its a Beetle convertible, you're fine.
Back to exhaust: I guess I can see why a straight-six jag would have two exhausts. But what about, say, an S2000? Four-pot with a single header and then it splits up... after the resonator, I believe...

^ so do the BMWs above the 323 (E36 model), which are I6. If I am not mistaken however, I think the back pressure of an exhaust system is dominated by the piping between the engine and the catalytic converter. The latter works as a damping element decoupling the engine from the rest of the exhaust system, so whatever amount of piping you put behind it is more or less irrelevant for the engine. That's what I read in a car magazine anyway.

Last edited:
^ so do the BMWs above the 323 (E36 model), which are I6. If I am not mistaken however, I think the back pressure of an exhaust system is dominated by the piping between the engine and the catalytic converter. The latter works as a damping element decoupling the engine from the rest of the exhaust system, so whatever amount of piping you put behind it is more or less irrelevant for the engine. That's what I read in a car magazine anyway.
Right, so in that case a dual exhaust does nothing but add weight to the car.

This depends on the design of the catalytic converter. If you have a free-flow type of cat, which more and more cars are coming with from the factory these days, then the piping behind the cat is in fact relevant.

Well, lowering the back pressure to a certain extent makes sense to make life easier for the engine. For turboed ones it does anyway since the charger will benefit from a larger pipe diameter. Depending on the material (stainless steel, titanium), an aftermarket exhaust system can be lighter than the standard system even if it consists of more piping. In the end, a lot of the standard systems however is marketing. More pipes look like more engine, and there's a lot of fake tips out there which make the exhaust system look much bigger than it is.

EDIT: case in point: Mazda 6 MPS

Attachments

• mazda 6 mps..JPG
    mazda 6 mps..JPG
    20 KB · Views: 62
  • mazda 6 mps2..JPG
    mazda 6 mps2..JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Also, larger pipes (if you are fitting real ones and not just simulated ones) are not always better. There's many theories out there as how, exactly, to optimize a four-stroke engine's exhaust; the bottom line is that if you go too big, you actually reduce exhaust velocity and scavenging, thereby hurting performance (for whichever reason you care to subscribe to).

Which is why seeing a 3" exhaust on a 1.8L Civic always makes me laugh - that's way too large for efficient performance on that engine. Just because a well known vendor sells a large-diameter cat-back or even full exhaust system doesn't mean it's a great idea. :p

Last edited: