• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Anybody going to the Australian International Motor Show?

Janus

Here is the site:

http://carsguide.news.com.au/aims

They have some nice stuff coming, that whilst it has been shown elsewhere, this is the first time they have come to Australia.

I'm going on the 22nd. Flighing into Sydney for the weekend to go to the ARIA's, and it just happens to be the same weekend. Got sweet tickets from the local Mercedes dealership, so I hope I can get up close and personal with the new S-Class, and am trying to set up a drive in the V8 Vantage. :thumbsup:

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Excelero!

Is anyone else going?

No :cry:

It's my last week of uni before exams :thumbsdown:

But I will be at the Melbourne Show next March :D

watto said:
It's my last week of uni before exams

Oh dear! I didn't actually check to see if it clashes with uni....I forgot all about uni! :oops:

I just hope there isn't, but I bet you I have an exam that day! :x

fbc said:
watto said:
But I will be at the Melbourne Show next March :D

As will I - but I think it's in February next year due to the Commonwealth Games

Ah yes, most likely... well, whenever it is on, I'll be there! Porsche will be back this year, hooray!

I will be there in full form obviously :D Will take digital camera and will post pics when im back from it. Its no Frankfurt but its still quite good because they have a nice lineup of cars.

Will the new S-Class be there Janus? I couldnt see it on the site.

Janus and watto - I got 2-words for your uni situation - "fuck it!" :p

Janus and watto - I got 2-words for your uni situation - "fuck it!"

Oh I'm still going even if I have an exam that day! I will make them reshedule it!

I am presuming that the new S-Class will be there. When something new is released they are usually pretty quick at getting it out to the shows and things so they can start filling the order books.

Janus said:
Janus and watto - I got 2-words for your uni situation - "fuck it!"

Oh I'm still going even if I have an exam that day! I will make them reshedule it!

I am presuming that the new S-Class will be there. When something new is released they are usually pretty quick at getting it out to the shows and things so they can start filling the order books.
Well it isnt at the motorshows website..but if it is there, I will go and plonk myself in it because my family has a loyal Mercedes history and I will be damned if some car salesman asks me to get out of it :x

fbc said:
I'd love to go - but it's 1000kms in the wrong direction :(

what's 1000km for an australian? that's just paying your neighbour a visit :lol:

bone said:
fbc said:

what's 1000km for an australian? that's just paying your neighbour a visit :lol:

hahahaha, silly Europeans :p

Aren't all Aussie Motor Shows a bit of a farse tho? $15(or more) to visit dodgy salesmen from local dealerships in one spot

Yeah most are. :lol:

That is why I'm hoping that the biggest one will be good because all the big stables will come out. Not like the Adelaide motor show where there was NO Porsche, NO Mercedes, NO BMW and 1 Aston DB9 that was in a back corner that I had to treck to get to.

But they have a million crappy Toyota's and Mazda's that all the salesmen try to sell me!

Sydney International Motorshow - Feature cars

V8 Vantage
Peugeot 407 Coupe
M6
Lexus IS250 & LF-C ugly concept
Maybach 62 & EXELERO!!!!
Toyota Triathalon car..weird who even cares!
Jag XK
Audi Q7
Merc M-Class (aus debut)
GALLARDO SPIDER aka:eek:rgasm on wheels
ALFA BRERA aka:sex
Ferrari 575 Superamerica

Cant wait! :D

astroboymoto said:
Aren't all Aussie Motor Shows a bit of a farse tho? $15(or more) to visit dodgy salesmen from local dealerships in one spot... I'm a cynic :lol:

I can only speak for the Melbourne & Sydney shows - they're great, not a farce at all. A lot of the people on the Holden stand are real-life Holden employees, not dealership staff - I did the Sydney show the year the production Monaro was launched - great experience.

I can honestly say I rarely encounter the hard-sell from stand attendees.

And DAMN!!! The Brera and Gallardo Spider are going to be there... how much is an airfare to Sydney....

bone said:
fbc said:

Yes, the eastern seaboard is civilised...

fbc said:
astroboymoto said:
Aren't all Aussie Motor Shows a bit of a farse tho? $15(or more) to visit dodgy salesmen from local dealerships in one spot... I'm a cynic :lol:

I can only speak for the Melbourne & Sydney shows - they're great, not a farce at all. A lot of the people on the Holden stand are real-life Holden employees, not dealership staff - I did the Sydney show the year the production Monaro was launched - great experience.

I can honestly say I rarely encounter the hard-sell from stand attendees.

And DAMN!!! The Brera and Gallardo Spider are going to be there... how much is an airfare to Sydney....
maybe it's just Brisbane then... some fool tried to sell me a daihatsu and a smart and some other rubbish car that I just wanted to look at... oh yeah Peugeot 206 :puke:

and then because the Lotus stand was part of the Proton exhibit and I was drooling over the exige the idiots from Proton with no one else to bother kept bugging me, way to go, piss off the "potential" Lotus buyer with your sales spiel for cheap malaysian tat :lol:

Bikes were not so bad but no MV Agusta, no Ducati and Honda was trying to convince by (then) gf to buy a boring as fook FOUR stroke scooter that's a HONDA and then told her that I was wrong while I was next to them but they got an earful so all's fair...

lol yer looks like this is 2005 Brisbane International Motor Show report courtesy of Astroboymoto :lol: