Anybody have a carfax account?

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
My friend just bought a VW new beetle and there are some title issues...does anybody have a carfax so I can make sure the car is legit?

It wasn't bought in the most serene location (Abrams street, arlington texas for those who know the area :lol:) and it doesn't appear to have a title at all.

I'll PM the vin if somebody can help out.

Last edited:
You might want to call the cops and ask if its stolen first....

Dealing with the "no title" part isn't going to be a lot of fun either.

Last edited:
I can't help you out, but I can't help but wonder, if everyone just asks others for carfax accounts when they need one, who is actually paying this company's fees and keeping them alive?

I'm sure most car dealers have accounts. :dunno: I'm not gonna get one for a car that isn't even mine.

^ I believe you can either pay for a single inquiry, or for a greater fee, a annual account which has a limit of 30 or so inquiries per year. So most people who pay hundreds of dollars per year for the service are hesitant to give hand-outs.

I can't help you out, but I can't help but wonder, if everyone just asks others for carfax accounts when they need one, who is actually paying this company's fees and keeping them alive?

Dealers.

^ I believe you can either pay for a single inquiry, or for a greater fee, a annual account which has a limit of 30 or so inquiries per year. So most people who pay hundreds of dollars per year for the service are hesitant to give hand-outs.

Nope. They got rid of the annual account. The best deal for non-dealers is the unlimited monthly account. Most people buy that, run about ten or so cars, then have the rest of the month (and reports) they won't use.

Last edited:
I'm sure most car dealers have accounts. :dunno: I'm not gonna get one for a car that isn't even mine.

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

I wasn't trying to be funny or anything. I just genuinely didn't get how carfax made money since threads like this are pretty common.

Carry on. :)

Ah I was hoping this thread would die. I already got the info I needed. Thanks for the offer though!

I have a title that shows odometer reading is not actual. Any chance you could run a carfax report for me?

Hate to bump this, but does anyone have an extra report they can run for me? Not interested in spending $40 to look up our lemons car..

Hate to bump this, but does anyone have an extra report they can run for me? Not interested in spending $40 to look up our lemons car..

Wouldn't it be better just... Not knowing? I mean really, you might find out why it looks like the apocalypse.