• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Anybody here an ALMS fan?

Jay

the fool on the hill
I would like to know so we can nerd it up starting March with the 12 Hours Of Sebring. A friend of mine is also a rabid fan, and I've been trying to convince him of joing the board.

Yes I love it. I have been going to the Portland ALMS grandprix for about the past five years. THis is my local track, I live about 10 miles away.

I am really excited for this year. The main reasons being maybe if the new Audi R10 diesel powered car, the new Porsche LMP2, and I read somewhere the return of BMW. I can't wait to hear the M3 GTR in real life. The one car tha I do miss is the Panoz LMP car. I just love that earth shaking rumble of the engine.

the portland race is the only race I have been too. Iwas hoping to go to the race at Infineon (formerly Sears Point) raceway but apparenttly they are no racing their this year

jayhawk: definiely tell you friend to join. it will be nice having another ALMS fan here

Thrasher said:
Yes I love it. I have been going to the Portland ALMS grandprix for about the past five years. THis is my local track, I live about 10 miles away.

I am really excited for this year. The main reasons being maybe if the new Audi R10 diesel powered car, the new Porsche LMP2, and I read somewhere the return of BMW. I can't wait to hear the M3 GTR in real life. The one car tha I do miss is the Panoz LMP car. I just love that earth shaking rumble of the engine.

the portland race is the only race I have been too. Iwas hoping to go to the race at Infineon (formerly Sears Point) raceway but apparenttly they are no racing their this year

jayhawk: definiely tell you friend to join. it will be nice having another ALMS fan here

Road America is my home track, been going there for years. And OH! I know what you mean about the Panoz LMP! What a sound; I used to hang out at a corner just feel the ground shake from it. This picture is from 2002:

http://img486.imageshack.**/img486/9798/jayhawkpanoz2hw.th.jpg

Did you see my thread about the 2005 New England Grand Prix?
Fantastic race series! :thumbsup: