Anybody want a shirt? - Merch discussion for Ringmeet #10

I'd go for a dark grey as well. I have way too many black t-shirts already...

I actually liked the blue of the "Scandinavian Flick" t-shirt quite a lot. Imho, it doesn't have to be grayscale :)

Hence why I also suggest navy blue. If we get vaguely organised it shouldn't be that hard to allow a colour choice including black for those who might want it.

Don't know about anyone else but for me you just nailed the shirt design. But make the outline bigger, X a tad smaller and more over the shoulders then move the text underneath up to suit. If you look at the shape of the lower text then positioned correctly it will echo the shape of the torso. And a 20% increase in the size of the logo on the front perhaps?

Logo on the cap need to be 25% smaller. Less is more. I know those of you who have met me might find it hard to believe but I like subtle.

Mainly because it gives over the top so much more impact.

Not criticising just offering constructive input. If we're going to do this then let's get it perfect.

Constructive criticism is something I deal with everyday at work, so I'm perfectly fine with it ;)

Round 3, tried to follow most of your suggestions. Charcoal:

Colors! Red:

And blue:

I colormatched them to my liking, so if you want to see a particular hue or a different color altogether, link me a sample pic. Also note that monitors and reality are not exactly the same thing, the outcome might be slightly off even when we all agree on a particular shade here.

I really liked the blue and red versions. :thumbsup:

Now do one in purple. :p :lol:
(Don't, really.)

Loving the design and colors, want them now

:clap: Nearly there. I still think the Ringmeet logo on the back needs to be a bit bigger and the X smaller as it currently dominates and draws the eye directly to that rather than the whole design, no more than double the size of the Ringmeet text. The proportions are off to my mind and a bit jarring. And then move the text underneath up one "line" and remove one of the line spaces between "doing nothing..." and "..since 2007."

I know it's a hassle but if we are going to do it we should make it the best it can be. I realise it's just my own opinion so perhaps do the suggested tweaks then post both side by side to garner final opinion.

Last edited:
I'll have some time again tomorrow evening so I'll look into your suggestions (and anybody else's if they come) then.

(and anybody else's if they come)

Unicorns and cats. :p

Seriously though, great work. You've now given me a decision on the colour though and that's fatal. I'll probably go for the blue of both. :)

Tweaked the back of the T-Shirt according to Matt's suggestions - previous version on the left, new one on the right:

I went ahead and saved the tweaked versions in the other colors already (clicky thumbs):

And due to popular demand from one person (all applaud leviathan :D ) I bring you the BRG version:

:clap: Proportions just about perfect now I reckon.

:bow:

Good :) Anybody has any idea what data format do the printing companies need? I can only produce bitmaps in hopefully sufficient resolution, I am not skilled/equipped in the vector department...

Also BONUS: Special edition for the Miata drivers!

Please don't hurt me, I couldn't resist :p I actually do like Miatas.

Also BONUS: Special edition for the Miata drivers!
I'd actually like a light-coloured (light grey, black writing) cap for open-top driving, but as the upper half of the car is black, I'll also take a black one. :p

In case there's a Suomiface themed option, it should say "I was having a shirt."

Good :) Anybody has any idea what data format do the printing companies need? I can only produce bitmaps in hopefully sufficient resolution, I am not skilled/equipped in the vector department...

Usually PNG files with transparency are what's needed, that's what I use for RB anyway.

:thumbsup: