• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

anyone doing the freeipod.com thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Just wondering if we're allowed to post about this in here...like post a referal link and stuff...

basically, sign up, get 5 friends to sign up under your referal, complete some offer (they have free ones), then wait and get an ipod...

wondering if anyone else is doing it? or if you haven't...wanna sign up under me :D

i made up an account a looong time ago...but never told anyone to sign up....wasn't 100% sure if it was for real or not :?

people have been getting ipods...they come from ecost.com, just currently on back order...

http://www.freeipodguide.com/
^^^ info about how it works and all that...
and if you try to cheat the system by signing up with 5 different e-mails and 5 different address, but somehow it all relates to you...you'll have to start from scratch...they do background checks and all that...

yeah, it's for real, it's even making a fuss in europe, but they only deliver in america, or else i already had one :(

Raider007 said:
Just wondering if we're allowed to post about this in here...like post a referal link and stuff...
No, and don't start. It's a fucking pyramid scheme dude.

Think about it - what reason do they have to give away free iPods? How would a company stay in business? Things that are too good to be true usually are.

Most likely, they sell your information and ask for a credit card and an introductory offer that costs you like $5 for the first "installment", and then $600 for the second or something.

Things have to balance out somewhere money wise...

they send you an free ipod, if you take a "30 day free trial" of sth of your own choice (realnetworks, yahoo, aol, ...) and you can convice 5 other people to also take the trial. and it are the companies like real and yahoo who pay for it
there even has been an article on howstuffworks.com for this give-away ipods

Viper007Bond said:
Raider007 said:
No, and don't start. It's a fucking pyramid scheme dude.

Think about it - what reason do they have to give away free iPods? How would a company stay in business? Things that are too good to be true usually are.

Most likely, they sell your information and ask for a credit card and an introductory offer that costs you like $5 for the first "installment", and then $600 for the second or something.

Things have to balance out somewhere money wise...

Being in and studying both marketing (masters degr.) and sales (realestate) I say you have a point. Nothing is free, never.

haz

been wondering the same thing ...

haz

well someone somewhere did do a little research and they make money by the people that forget to close their accounts and by the late people signing up...

viper: the thing I signed up for, i got free postage, a free scale, and i don't need to pay anything...and i havne't got an spam e-mails what so ever...so i dunno if i'm a lucky one or not...

we'll see how it turns out...

same company is giving away tv's and computers now...and it's a big company that's running all of this...i beleive the name is gratis or something like that...

gratis means free in Norwegian ..

haz

:arrow: In German too! :mrgreen:

"gratis" means "free" in spanish.

I know, in dutch too only -ijs instead of -is .. what a lame disc :) my bad ..

haz

ESPNSTI said:
Speaking of which, I still wonder how www.yousendit.com makes money.
The only thing I can think of is collecting email adresses for spam.
As I...

Anyway, it's retarded. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.