Anyone heard from Applause about tickets?

Ellie

Obviously, I'm thinking "No!" as I'm sure there'd be a chorus of, "They called, and I got tickets for _______!" Do they wait until very last minute to send out word/ask people to pick a date?

Good luck to all who hope to see a taping this series! :)

If you register to applause store they let you know when the tickets for TG are available
If you then apply for tickets on a certain date, and get selected, they send you a mail a week before the recording for that date

Applied over a year ago.

Got an email this week. Have tickets for the July 28th taping - of course I have to fly to get a passport and fly to england to use them - but that is a minor issue

Haven't heard from them yet and this is my third time trying to get tickets.

I tried for years. My only problem is that I am travelling to England alone but my ticket is for two people.... and as they like to have a 50/50 mix of men to women I guess I have to pick up a woman along the way..... I mean how hard can it be?

oh pick me! :p
I got a mail from Applausestore over a month ago and applied for tickets... but even if I get selected, I don't know if I'll be able to afford the plane ticket :cry:

I tried for years. My only problem is that I am travelling to England alone but my ticket is for two people.... and as they like to have a 50/50 mix of men to women I guess I have to pick up a woman along the way..... I mean how hard can it be?

They're not too bothered about the 50/50 split. Out of the four times I've been, I've never been questioned/rejected.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! Just got the call for next Weds filming and am currently running round the house like a mad thing! Only question is - what do I wear???! And do I want to get myself into the most distracting audience member thread or not. Hmm.

Do you enjoy interweb preversion? If so, then yes! :D

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! Just got the call for next Weds filming and am currently running round the house like a mad thing! Only question is - what do I wear???! And do I want to get myself into the most distracting audience member thread or not. Hmm.

That is a good question - Should I wear something that is plainly Canadian or be more discrete?

Depends on whether you want to get picked on by Jeremy or not!

Got an email this week. Have tickets for the July 28th taping - of course I have to fly to get a passport and fly to england to use them - but that is a minor issue

I'm intrigued by this as my friend has requested that date and when I told her that you'd heard she phoned Applause Store and they said they hadn't started filling that date? But if you've definitely got that date maybe she's just being fobbed off. AS aren't the most reliable bunch...

Depends on whether you want to get picked on by Jeremy or not!

I'm intrigued by this as my friend has requested that date and when I told her that you'd heard she phoned Applause Store and they said they hadn't started filling that date? But if you've definitely got that date maybe she's just being fobbed off. AS aren't the most reliable bunch...

The only reason I got that date so early - apart from the begging - was that I emailed and called and advised that as I was travelling from Canada I needed to know more than the usual week in advance. I needed to buy plane tickets well in advance, to avoid really high cost, and arrange vacation etc. I advised then that if all I could get was the weeks notice that not to bother selecting me as it would just deprive someone else of a ticket. The person I spoke to was very good about it and asked for an exception to be made. Maybe the fact that I am willing to fly 4600 kilometers to attend a taping carried some weight. Either way I am grateful that someone OK'ed the exception. Applause Store has been very reliable to me.

At this point plane tickets purchased. Car rented. B&B next to the studio reserved. GPS unit arranged.

My only problem is what to do with the other 8 days I am in England :)

Last edited: