• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Anyone here Firefly fan?

Yeah! If my wife was here, she'd write a massive story and go on for days but in summary....Got the Original DVD's, seen the web Trailer, seen the Movie at the cinema (a special preview 2 months before release!) and seen the Movie Trailer at the movies last night!

It's a great show. I have seen them all too. To bad it only lasted one season. I think it would have done much better if they HAD OF SHOWED THE EPISODES IN THE ORDER THEY WERE INTENDED BY JOSS, not some random mixed up studio exec order. Half it wouldn't make sense as it'd be all over the place.

Enjoy it!

Edit: My wife is a huge Buffy/Angel/Joss fan and has met Anthony Stewart Head, James Masters (twice) and Emma Caufield (I met her too and had a chat at a cocktail party- very nice! :D )

I know what you mean =\

It's good that you got to see the advanced screening =) I saw it too btw! :D what did you think of it?

isn't there a guy who is called firefly here?... if I remember correctly, he has a E46 M3 as well :D

We both thought is was very good. A little slow in spots, but explains things pretty well.

Don't think it leaves anything open for a 2nd movie though, bit of a shame really.

at least you get a sense of closure... something the series didn't get a chance to do.

It's nice to run into a browncoat everywhere you go :D

Actually i didn't even know about the whole browncoat thing until we saw the movie and there was all these dudes in brown coats!! My wife told me about it then!

She just directed me to this link of Nathan Fillion (Mal) being interviewed: http://summer.about.com/od/moviesmusicbooks/a/serentynf120604.htm

Basically: "Will there be a "Serenity" sequel? If this first movie does well? We?re all roped into a trilogy. We all signed for a trilogy so if this first one does well, we?re going to do two more."

So I am perhaps quite wrong about it not being able to go anywhere....bit of a excitement really.

Wow that was a really good interview :D

I see there are more articles to read after I get back from lunch hehe.

What do you think of the new movie poster?

serenityonesheet.jpg

I think it's pretty good but I don't think River should have been the main character, leave her as the surprise, then again most would probably have seen or will see the movie trailer so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Hmm, sorry to bring this back up, but I can't bitch about people making stupid ass threads all the time and create a new one out of nowhere...

Thing is, I just saw the first half of the series, and I have to say, its one of the best series there ever was... And I only checked it out, because the movie got good reception from German critics...

Buba

I have the DVD set, I just haven't had the time to sit down and watch it. Oh well that's what the next 6 weeks will be for :-D. I saw Serenity and liked it, so I picked up Firefly, but have been so busy since then I haven't watched it. I also have Serenity ordered from Amazon so I should get it shortly after christmas.

I have "acquired" it last month after seeing it on mininova and remembering this thread. Too bad it never made it to Germany. It's a great series and a shame that it got cancelled.

swek said:
Too bad it never made it to Germany.
x2
I count on VOX or RTL2... They do stuff like that!

Ayway, the series just went wrong because FOX fucked up... From what I read, they started with ep2 and brought the pilot at last and didn't even air the original last 3 eps.

If you don't know what you're watching, how the hell are you supposed to enjoy it?!

I hope the movie is a commercial success as the DVD Box set obviously is, and in a year or two we will have season 2. I see some great potential!

Buba

Buba said:
swek said:
Too bad it never made it to Germany.
x2
I count on VOX or RTL2... They do stuff like that!

Ayway, the series just went wrong because FOX fucked up... From what I read, they started with ep2 and brought the pilot at last and didn't even air the original last 3 eps.

If you don't know what you're watching, how the hell are you supposed to enjoy it?!

I hope the movie is a commercial success as the DVD Box set obviously is, and in a year or two we will have season 2. I see some great potential!

Buba

IIRC it didn't do too well here this summer (then again no movies really did well this summer here in the states). But I definitely see a strong future for it on DVD.

Hate to break it to ya folks, but the entire series was canned. Thats why there was only 13/14 episodes in the first series.

One would generally assume that if it got canned once, there shall be no more series.

How did the movie come about then i hear you ask? They were made by different companies who have the rights to their respective works

mrkrazzy said:
Hate to break it to ya folks, but the entire series was canned. Thats why there was only 13/14 episodes in the first series.

One would generally assume that if it got canned once, there shall be no more series.

How did the movie come about then i hear you ask? They were made by different companies who have the rights to their respective works

Family Guy got canned as well... Last I checked there were new episodes on Fox the past couple of months. A strong showing in the DVD sector will do a lot to change TV exec minds. (Not that I am saying it has, i'm just saying its not impossible to have shows resurrected).

I'd be happy if it were just more movies, as I think a movie fits the story better. I could be wrong, haven't seen the series yet.

hokiethang said:
I'd be happy if it were just more movies, as I think a movie fits the story better. I could be wrong, haven't seen the series yet.

Personally, after seeing both the movie and the entire series I would have to say the series is a better watch.

Firefly is awesome.
Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon doing a sequel to serenity.

What about Wonderfalls.....? That is another whendonverse type tv show that was too intelligent to make it. Created by Tim Minear who had a hand in many a Whedon tale.