Anyone here own a Logitech G15 or G19 keyboard?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I think I'm going to buy a Logitech G19 but was wondering if anyone had some first hand experience with one.

Used to own a G15, but due to my stupidity, I killed it (Spilled my drink on it :mad:). It was a great keyboard, felt very nice to use. However, despite being a bit of a gamer, I didn't find the LCD screen all that useful.

I have a G15. It was pretty decent when I used to play WoW many moons ago, with the tiny LCD screen displaying all sorts of stats and all. The keyboard itself is also built quite solidly (although my mom broke one of the little flip-out legs it stands on just by dropping the keyboard on the desk), but I didn't find myself using the 'G' keys all that often, nor did I use the play/stop/pause buttons to control video playback. I did, however, use the mute button all the time, which I thought was a nice touch.

Overall, it's a good keyboard, but seriously overpriced. I'm sure you can find a keyboard that suits all your needs for much less.

Overall, it's a good keyboard, but seriously overpriced. I'm sure you can find a keyboard that suits all your needs for much less.

I'm not overly concerned about spending an extra $70 (over say the G110) for something that'll last me many years.

I have used my G15 for a few years now and it's an awesome keyboard. I have had a few teething problems with Windows 7 and the LCD, but otherwise it's been pretty much perfect. I'm not sure about the G19, but it does look like the design is a well thought-out successor to the G15. It keeps many of the things the original G15 had, but with a bit more streamlining and some better features.

i got a G19, it's a pretty decent keyboard, though, big, and it actually requires power, but that means the USB sockets in it, actually works, the G15, you can't use a cellphone, or a iPod on the USB plugs, lacks the power.
G19, it's got a plug for power, which means the USB sockets are at full power.

The LCD screen works well, i've actually used it to watch Top Gear while playing games, and the ability to change the color on the LED lights in the buttons is nice too, so you can get one not as bright as the two G15 ones.

Overall the G19 feels solid, and the Volume control is a wheel, a scroll wheel, so it feels better than the buttons on the G15's too.

I feel it was worth the money pretty much, i don't regret it one bit.

My G19 should be here Thursday or so. :)

I have a G15 now, the old one, with a ton of extra keys (18 * 3 "modes" = 54...). To be entirely honest, I don't see much use for them :) The screen, on the other hand, is a brilliant addition to the media keys and volume wheel - I primarily have a clock or the music widget on there, and it's quite useful. Otherwise, the keyboard itself is very solid and feels good to type on, but that can be said about most Logitech keyboards.

I also had the G15, it lasted about a year, massive rain storm and the roof was leaking, let it dry out, worked for about 2 months after that, then a key was stuck (without pressing it)
so I had to let my baby go...

As this thread has been bumped anyways, let me add that if you want a no-nonsense keyboard that will outlast you and even take a spilled soda or something, get a Unicomp Customzier, a de-facto replica of the legendary IBM Model M.

Lol Dr_Grip
I would kill for one of those
hehe

I think I'll pass...

Why? I think they even are available in black by now.
I rescued my original mid-80s Model M from a corporate dumpster in 1998 and it has never failed me and probably never will. And if it gets dirty you can remove all the keys, put them in a dishwasher and click them back on. Easy as 1-2-3.

Filco anyone? I have a G15v2 on my desk too, currently sticking with that as the display is useful when i'm working/reading, and a glance down allows me to see what's playing.

Didn't see this thread before. I had an original G15. Liked it a lot - the screen was very handy when playing BF2 and using TeamSpeak to know who is talking, keep an eye on memory usage, etc while playing. Unfortunately, it developed a problem where some of the WASD keys would stop responding. If you pressed them hard enough or enough times it would work again, temporarily. I googled for the problem and it is quite widespread.

I called Logitech and after some troubleshooting (did you try a different USB port? ugh.) was told it was hosed. They offered me 50% off a new hyper-expensive keyboard. No thanks. I will grab one of the new MS sidewinder keyboards next.