Anyone here use iTunes?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Is it just me or does iTunes suck at downloading album covers? :mad:

Since it's apparently incapable of reading the JPEGs I already have, I hit the grab album art for my library button. After like an hour, it hasn't seemed to find anything. They're all the generic icon.

Ugh.

I think iTunes is one of the softwares I dislike the most. Something just isn't right with it (probably the fact that I'm used to WMP).

Speaking of WMP, it handles album covers fine. I usually find the appropriate album cover on Google Images and then drag & drop it to the Media Player. end of story!:p

I had the same frustration - it grabbed probably 70% of mine, the rest were a manual process.

To make it use the jpegs you already have you have to do it manually:
- Highlight all of the tracks on the CD (to ensure the artwork is attached to all of the tracks)
- Right-click and select 'Get Info'
- Double-click the artwork window (on the left of the Info window) and browse to the jpeg
- Hit OK

It's a PITA...

Speaking of WMP, it handles album covers fine. I usually find the appropriate album cover on Google Images and then drag & drop it to the Media Player. end of story!:p

I use Winamp for all my music playing needs and WMP for all my video stuff (as I play everything fullscreen on my 2nd monitor), but I have to use iTunes to manage my iPod Touch and using my iPod is a lot nicer when it has the album art:

01_large20070905.jpg

02_large20070905.jpg

To make it use the jpegs you already have you have to do it manually:
- Highlight all of the tracks on the CD (to ensure the artwork is attached to all of the tracks)
- Right-click and select 'Get Info'
- Double-click the artwork window (on the left of the Info window) and browse to the jpeg
- Hit OK

It's a PITA...

I managed to figure that out, but was hoping there was an easier way. <_<

I use Winamp for all my music playing needs and WMP for all my video stuff (as I play everything fullscreen on my 2nd monitor), but I have to use iTunes to manage my iPod Touch and using my iPod is a lot nicer when it has the album art:

Yea, even on my Sansa e200 (which I somehow managed to reactivate) it looks better with an album cover

I actually "like" iTunes. I have not issues using JPEG with Album Art. Just drag the album art to the "Drag Album Artwork here" and poof, its done.

Then again iTunes does a decent job getting a lot of album artwork of stuff i already have, even a lot of the Indian music which i thought was weird.

Just drag the album art to the "Drag Album Artwork here" and poof, its done.

Again, rather not do that 1000 times... :(

Then again iTunes does a decent job getting a lot of album artwork of stuff i already have, even a lot of the Indian music which i thought was weird.

Hmm, weird.

I'll play around with it some more and see.

There was a page where I could just export a text file with my song titles and automatically download all the related artwork. When playing a song, you can drag and drop the artwork jpeg into the artwork box to assign the image. But that said, my itunes grabs artwork from purchased music 100% of time. Maybe I should buy more music :)

I'd rather not go and manually get 1000 album covers...

Hey, I don't have an iPod Touch, pal. :p (5th gen 30GB iPod Video FTW!) I only get album art for my most listened-to songs.

But since you have a Touch, I guess you have to either put up with iTunes or find some other way. I found a couple of "gadgets" or plug-ins on the Apple website which help iTunes find nearly all album art, but theres a catch, you need OSX. =/ (Unless you have OSX...? (Which I doubt. :hmm:))

XP of course. :)

an easier method is to do this:

1. in itunes, click on the button labelled "^" in the lower left corner.
2.Select all the tracks to which you want to apply the cover (for example, a CD cover).
3. right click and paste the JPG in the window. finish.

See this screenshot

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/8940/clipboard01jv9.jpg

an easier method is to do this:

1. in itunes, click on the button labelled "^" in the lower left corner.
2.Select all the tracks to which you want to apply the cover (for example, a CD cover).
3. right click and paste the JPG in the window. finish.

See this screenshot

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/8940/clipboard01jv9.jpg
I dunno about you, but I don't exactly want to do that 1000 times. :(