Anyone here use iTunes?

When you imported all your music it should have downloaded all the artwork by itself, no?

Like fbc said, I have about 70% of mine. The rest iTunes says its can't find, I can't be bothered to do it manually. <_<

an easier method is to do this:

1. in itunes, click on the button labelled "^" in the lower left corner.
2.Select all the tracks to which you want to apply the cover (for example, a CD cover).
3. right click and paste the JPG in the window. finish.

See this screenshot

http://img216.imageshack.**/img216/8940/clipboard01jv9.jpg

An even easier method is to simply drag the JPEG into iTunes. You could even drag the image from Firefox directly into iTunes! No need to save the image to your computer! And if you've to apply it to many songs across an album, you only need to highlight those songs in your library, and iTunes will automatically apply the album art to all of those songs.

The music store in Amazon is a great place to look for cover art.

Just right-click the song or album and go to "get album cover/art". You need to have an account on iTunes music store, but I think that if the song/album is already in your iPod, then the album art is free. Also, you can try (i've never tried it myself) to "get album cover" for large numbers of albums/song at the same time. That way you don't have to do it "1000 times".

Winamp monitors my music directory and automatically adds new songs. Does iTunes do the same or do I have to re-add the folder to iTunes?

If you use an itunes library folder, rather than having your music everywhere, there's an option for monitoring the library folder somewhere in the options. :wub:

Or you could just right click and paste the album art.....

I was hoping that the dysjunctino between the last line and the primary focus of my post would lead you too believe that it was a joke. If you didn't get it form that, I hoped the ..... would help ;)

Oh well, I still :wub: you. I'd be more help, but no iTunes on the laptop.

<3

iTunes is very retarded when it comes to album artwork. Each time you add a song to the library it looks at what album the song is from (example Oasis - Wonderwall is from (What's the Story) Morning Glory?) it then matches this to the same song in the iTunes store and downloads the artwork from there, if there's a mistake in the album name then it won't download it. Same happens if the song doesn't have an album mentioned in the library.

Also bear in mind the Tuns store doens't have a lot of artists so you won't be able to get their artwork, of the top of my head are Tool and Bob Seger. The only way to get artwork for their songs is unfortunately by hand 1000 times.

I too was forced to switch to iTunes recently. I spend quite some time on this artwork issue and so far, this seems to be the easiest way to add missing artwork:
Go to: http://art4itunes.com/getart/uploadtracks.php
This page will find lots more album covers than the iTunes music store. It still won't find all of them and you'll still have to drag the appropriate cover from Firefox into the album art window in iTunes. AFAIK this issue can't be resolved automatically, at least not on a windows machine.

This might help:
http://www.yvg.com/itunesartimporter.shtml
I haven't used it personally - I keep my music on my Mac - but you may have better luck with it than the included importer.
Tried it, didn't really find any more album art than iTunes itself.

Thats post-whoring. Serves you right for buying an eyepod. <_<
God damnit, I can't hand out infractions to other admins. :(

I don't use iTunes for album art. I manually add it with Mp3Tag, and embed it in the files. Yeah, it's kind of a pain, but I know it works, and I know the files have the right album picture. If you add the art after the file's been imported in iTunes, you'll have to refresh the info with the "Get info..." command. Also, I've noticed some tagging problems with iTunes - files that have tags modified by iTunes don't play on one of my older players. iTunes FTL when it comes to tagging and album art.

I too was forced to switch to iTunes recently. I spend quite some time on this artwork issue and so far, this seems to be the easiest way to add missing artwork:
Go to: http://art4itunes.com/getart/uploadtracks.php
This page will find lots more album covers than the iTunes music store. It still won't find all of them and you'll still have to drag the appropriate cover from Firefox into the album art window in iTunes. AFAIK this issue can't be resolved automatically, at least not on a windows machine.

Hay, thanks for that. Found a few albums arts, which I couldn't find using iTunes or other methods. ;)

I get my pictures from Amazon, I can't really think of a way to automatically load up images for 1000 songs though :(