• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Anyone know about the Mac F1 record?

justin syder

Car(s)
1986 Mercedes-Benz 300E
In March 1998, the F1 confirmed that it is the fastest production car in the world, achieving a record top speed of 240.14mph.

But according to Guiness World records, which verified the CCR record it is 388kph/240mph.

What is the deal??

I have a vid of a Andy Wallace taking the Mac F1 to 391kph.

What was the official Mac F1 record and why wasnt 391/241mph the official record??

although McLaren's own Datron equipment did recor a peak of 391kph, the company was happy to accept the test track's own reading of 386.7kph (240.1mph), which became the accepted record for production car.

9ff's 9f-V400 did went faster than McLaren F1 by 1mph, though whether or not it's a production car is open to debate....

This is what is quoted from http://www.seriouswheels.com

The Koenigsegg CCR raised McLaren's previously unofficial mark of 372 km/h set at Nardo/Prototipo in 1993 with over 15 km/h. On top of this the CCR broke the official McLaren F1 record of 386.7 km/h, which was set on the 9 km straight line VW Ehra facility in Wolfsburg Germany.

A team of Nardo Prototipo technicians independently verified the speed of the CCR. The car was clocked using Tag Heuer?s Splitmaster 650 with photocells stationary at the track, recording the average speed during 1 km.

It has to do the speed for a km???

Didn't know that... I just thougt they read the abolute max after the ride...

Buba

btw in-car displays are just using crystals and a factory set interval. usually the #s are good until you get to the higher digits, since they know +3 or -3mph difference wont matter at 200mph (not legally at least)

thus why i'm never trusty of high spedo digits vs how fast you're actually going.

They take an average for the top speed record.

CCR is the current record-holder, with the 9ff V400 at the same speed, but since it's not in production yet... :)

bah, 391kph/241mph...Mac F1 is still King in my eyes. :thumbsup: