Anyone knows a place on Internet to watch F1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What download the race?

Just ninja it! They put it up reasonably quick after a race ends. If I watch a stream in a different language, I end up watching it on Ninja, just for the bbc experience.

I always download the race after I've seen it. And I get both things with BBC commentary, the download and the broadcast. The reason I download it is because later on in the season I tend to completely forget races that went on previosuly, and like to rewatch bits :) A life? No.

I rewatch whole seasons, I always assumed most "hardcore" F1 fans did the same.

Man.

Registered with Tellyport, and no luck. Test page says it works, but, on iplayer, tellyport says it cannot connect. :(

Sucks.

You're sure that all the proxy settings in your browser are correct? I haven't got any problems with tellyport at all, it works like a charm on Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE, both on PC and Mac.

Man.

Registered with Tellyport, and no luck. Test page says it works, but, on iplayer, tellyport says it cannot connect. :(

Sucks.

Does random other sites work? It's been a bit weird for me occasionally aswell. I use it with IE (leaving Firefox for all my normal stuff) cos some of the video stuff won't load up properly with Firefox or Opera.

Last edited:
There are a few forks, some as storage, some trying to keep up development. Some googling also reveals download opportunities :nod:

....and as i just found out, the get_iplayer from the current ubuntu repository can't handle files larger than 2GB (giving some bogus "write error" - no quotas set and 1.5TB free on the HDD) - had to use my MacBook's get_iplayer to download sunday's race instead of dl'ing it directely to my HTPC.

Last edited:
Does random other sites work? It's been a bit weird for me occasionally aswell. I use it with IE (leaving Firefox for all my normal stuff) cos some of the video stuff won't load up properly with Firefox or Opera.

Other random sites work.

But when I want to view any iplayer content, this shows up :
xfrnli.jpg

On the test page it says my proxy settings are a-ok.

Very vexed.

....and as i just found out, the get_iplayer from the current ubuntu repository can't handle files larger than 2GB (giving some bogus "write error" - no quotas set and 1.5TB free on the HDD) - had to use my MacBook's get_iplayer to download sunday's race instead of dl'ing it directely to my HTPC.

You could just use the partial file, and ditch the remaining .08GB of useless jabbering.

Other random sites work.

But when I want to view any iplayer content, this shows up :

On the test page it says my proxy settings are a-ok.

Very vexed.

I've had that a few times but it's sorta fixed itself after a few minutes...

You could just use the partial file, and ditch the remaining .08GB of useless jabbering.

Which is OK in this case, but does not solve the problem itself.

I've had that a few times but it's sorta fixed itself after a few minutes...

Not so for mine.

Still having this problem.
And guess what, their ticket system for problems are fucked up too, it will go to a error page as and when it likes. Imagine me typing a whole page just to have it all gone by going to a error page, then going back to find the tex box empty.

Which browser on which platform are you using? Have you tried to clear cache and cookies?

Which browser on which platform are you using? Have you tried to clear cache and cookies?

Hmm. That I have not done to be honest.

XP SP3 on IE8, FF, Opera. All failed. LOL.

Going Win7 when I upgrade.. not for now.

In FF, for example: You're sure that you're using the Automatic Proxy Configuration URL-option, and you've pasted the whole code from the email into there? That should be it, really.

I see this is an older thread but I'll give it a try anyway. I'm in Canada and don't have access to cable or satellite but I do have a really good internet connection. I know I can download races later but I really prefer to watch them live. Where is the best place to stream them from? I don't even mind paying for a good quality feed with English commentary. Tell the truth I love most forms of Motorsport so would be a bonus if they also showed other European series.
Thanks in advance guys.

Purchase UK proxy for a few $ per month, watch iPlayer BBC sport for F1,...?, profit.

http://www.vipbox.tv/
I've watched the Monaco GP here and it was great - free, didn't shutter/freeze, it gave me the opportunity to watch the forum after the race as well.

Subscribing. I'll need to do this for the upcoming season as I don't want to fork over $65/mo for cable just to get Speed to watch F1...

Status
Not open for further replies.