Anyone playing Fallout 3 still?

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
I just downloaded broken steel, and its a pretty good expansion. It was a bit short, but the Tesla Cannon was worth it, not to mention the removal of the level 20 cap. Anyone else care to discuss?

Albino Radscorpians and Ghoul Reavers FTL

I still play Fallout 3 and may be interested in the new DLC. I downloaded the first two, and was very disappointed by how short they were, and what little they added to the game. I felt ripped off. How about the new DLC pack?

Broken Steel is out already? I've missed a lot. :cry:

I still haven't gotten around to The Pitt yet, but I probably will sometime soon enough.

I finished the original Fallout 3 two weeks ago and only gotten around to download all three DLCs. But I won't have time to play them until june :cry:

I am playing through Broken Steel right now. Having bought all the expansions, I can tell you:

- Operation Anchorage: Don't waste your money. Super short. Only good things are the equipment you pick up after completing it.
- The Pitt: Worthy of purchase. Decent storyline, some neat new equipment.
- Broken Steel: Definately the most fleshed out. Easily worth the money.

I am playing through Broken Steel right now. Having bought all the expansions, I can tell you:

- Operation Anchorage: Don't waste your money. Super short. Only good things are the equipment you pick up after completing it.
- The Pitt: Worthy of purchase. Decent storyline, some neat new equipment.
- Broken Steel: Definately the most fleshed out. Easily worth the money.

The Gauss rifle is worth OA if for nothing else. That thing is my go to weapon for any situation.

The Gauss rifle is worth OA if for nothing else. That thing is my go to weapon for any situation.

Can't forget the chinese armor that acts like stealth boy when you're crouched.

But I sort of agree, it wasn't worth the full price. My biggest beef is that it all of Alaska was another simulator.

I admit, I use that a lot too. But it doesnt do SHIT to the Ghoul Reavers. :(

Nothing does. Those new baddies are bugged to hell in the new DLC (as are most things, like mods, in the latest 1.5 patch). I even fired a mini-nuke directly at one and it still had half a health bar left (this was on Very Hard).

Nothing does. Those new baddies are bugged to hell in the new DLC (as are most things, like mods, in the latest 1.5 patch). I even fired a mini-nuke directly at one and it still had half a health bar left (this was on Very Hard).

I pumped 25 Gauss rifle bullets straight into a reaver without it dying...on REGULAR difficulty. I think they are far more powerful than the albino radscorpians because of their ranged attacks which have the 'insta-cripple' ability. Ghoul mask ftw.

Also I encountered something funny. Walking through the western portion of the map, a enclave vertibird came out of nowhere, landed, and when the troops exited, they were immediately surrounded by two albino's, a regular giant radscorpian, and 2 sentry bots. It was a short battle, but two near-full-health albino's were still walking afterwords. I quietly walked way...:lol:

I am frustrated with how bugged the Gauss rifle is. It ALWAYS goes through your target if you are far away, and it seems to hit higher than you aim as well. Headshots in VATS are useless, so the most effective place to shoot anything is in the legs.

Last edited:

Actually, I had decent success with the Gatling Laser. When clearing out the Presendential Metro, they are all clustered in a central area down the track from the room you come out of, after you kill the first couple that is. I would creep up a little closer, lay out a trail of mines back to me, then Gauss Rifle them twice - by this point they are halfway to me. While they are tripping the mines, I switch to Gatling Laser and let it fly. It takes most of a clip to kill one but is decently effective. I did use some Stimpaks, but I have something like 275 of them, so no worries there. :)

So far, the rest of the level relies heavy on stealth. Sneak to the control panel for each set of turrents, hack it, let the turrets engage the Enclave and then each other, then you kill the remaining turret or Enclave dudes.

Actually, I had decent success with the Gatling Laser. When clearing out the Presendential Metro, they are all clustered in a central area down the track from the room you come out of, after you kill the first couple that is. I would creep up a little closer, lay out a trail of mines back to me, then Gauss Rifle them twice - by this point they are halfway to me. While they are tripping the mines, I switch to Gatling Laser and let it fly. It takes most of a clip to kill one but is decently effective. I did use some Stimpaks, but I have something like 275 of them, so no worries there. :)

So far, the rest of the level relies heavy on stealth. Sneak to the control panel for each set of turrents, hack it, let the turrets engage the Enclave and then each other, then you kill the remaining turret or Enclave dudes.

The freaking battle at the end was hardcore. Those damn flame guns that the enclave use. Even on normal they kill you within seconds.

How do you get so many stimpaks?? :lol: I've saved up nearly 10k caps, but even still that would take a huge amount of money.

Lol. :) I just save them up - I really never buy any. If you open every damn box or crate you find you will find quite a few. That, and resting in beds or drinking toilet water (low rads) can save you using Stimpaks early on.

I was really bored....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myf32kjBGNA[/YOUTUBE]

The freaking battle at the end was hardcore. Those damn flame guns that the enclave use. Even on normal they kill you within seconds.

How do you get so many stimpaks?? :lol: I've saved up nearly 10k caps, but even still that would take a huge amount of money.

Do everything gtrietsc said, then kill all the scavengers. :twisted:

The Gauss gun is great when you're sniping yourself. But in VATS you have to have damn high Luck stats to get anything on headshots (which is what I go for). A better alternative is to get the custom scoped 44 Magnum, the Blackhawk, after completing the Agatha's Song quest and giving her sheet music. Or, you can wait around for the Firelance random encounter which kills Deathclaws in two shots.

/been playing this game way too much...

I just "picked up" the game a few weeks ago along with the DLC. Since my computer is old I have to run it on the lowest settings to keep it from being a slide show.

So, I finished Broken Steel - I see they are coming out with two more DLC packs!!

Going to shelve it for now. Level 26 - if they dont raise the level cap again with the new DLC, I will want to pick up the XP during those campaigns.

i've just completed the main game of Fallout 3 and looking at getting the DLC next, However having completed the game with the 'good' character i want to start the game over again but this time do all the 'evil' stuff like blowing up megaton or so on. Being the hero is great but being a cold hearted evil b*****d is pure win.