• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Anyone still play Ricard Burns Rally?

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
Anyone still play Richard Burns Rally?

With the new WRC season underway, I was inspired to re-visit this beauty of a rally game. I forgot just how good it really is :D

And I fired up the Challange mode and became determined to beat Mr. Burns on the Rally School stage. This is a cool mode since you can race against Richard's ghost (no pun intended - may he rest in peace).

Well, though I am rusty from not playing, I'm happy to say that I was able to beat him after a few (or maybe 15) tries:

http://img394.imageshack.**/img394/5884/rbrscreen0qa.jpg

And I know I could do better. It seems that Burns is a little wussy over the streams, while I seem to be more daring in those sections ;)

So if you still play, try to beat my time!

Perhaps the fact that Richard was used to driving real rally cars that actually get damaged has something to do with a rather cautious speed compared to us "immortals".

I return to RBR every now and then. It's a truly fabulous game.

Gosh I never got around to playing it and I really wanted to. I should rent it this Easter or something. Anyone know if its any good with the wheel?

Hazardous said:
Perhaps the fact that Richard was used to driving real rally cars that actually get damaged has something to do with a rather cautious speed compared to us "immortals".

Don't get me wrong -- You have to work your butt off to beat him. But I think you have a point - If I lose control or roll over, I can just hit restart; but in a real rally, you can blow the whole thing with one aggressive mistake.

But if you have the damage settings all the way up, you really have to be careful on this game. Even the "reduced" setting will leave you short on repair time if you have a rough race.

aren't you supposed to do under 1:20 on the final rallye school test already? took me three tries to get a 1:18:xx there. (last time i reinstalled rbr, anyway. the first time i installed it it took me a while, too.)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Gosh I never got around to playing it and I really wanted to. I should rent it this Easter or something. Anyone know if its any good with the wheel?

It's absolutely unbelievable with the Logitech DFP, possibly the only game more realistic handling, feel and feedback wise than GT4. Un-be-fucking-leivable how hard it is though.

ryosuke said:
aren't you supposed to do under 1:20 on the final rallye school test already? took me three tries to get a 1:18:xx there. (last time i reinstalled rbr, anyway. the first time i installed it it took me a while, too.)

haha, you have your time memorized? I'll have to double check that last rally school stage. I know I beat it before (and got the perfect mark), but can't remeber the time you need to get past it.

So if you can get a 1:18, post a screen!

I have to derust my copy of RBR.

Maybe i'll play i this night

Richard: Rest in Peace

jeffy777 said:
ryosuke said:

haha, you have your time memorized? I'll have to double check that last rally school stage. I know I beat it before (and got the perfect mark), but can't remeber the time you need to get past it.

So if you can get a 1:18, post a screen!
bittesch?n. :)
http://img76.imageshack.**/img76/6783/rallyeschool4uh.th.jpg

(rallyeschool does not record the times, so i had another go at it...not 1:18, but i hope you don't mind :D )

ryosuke said:
bittesch?n. :)
http://img76.imageshack.**/img76/6783/rallyeschool4uh.th.jpg

(rallyeschool does not record the times, so i had another go at it...not 1:18, but i hope you don't mind :D )

Very impressive time!! Nice work indeed :D

That's going to be hard to beat.....

ryosuke said:
its possible...WR is a 1:12. :D

wow......Your time is great, but that's amazingly impressive.