• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

anyone with experience with Real Alternative?

chilicoke

Car(s)
'07 Honda S2000
well... I downloaded a few video clips in .rmvb format, but due to me preverious experience, I am having second thoughts about installing Real Player on my computer.

then I came across Real Alternative link

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Real Alternative and what do you think of it?

thank you

It's great, I'm absolutely anti-RealMedia, and alternative fulfills all the bits and pieces without installing a load of other shit on your computer, you could also find "QuickTime Alternative" for those who want quicktime without iTunes.

profingersk8er said:
wow that was fast, thanks for the comment. finally something to replace Real Player :D

kazaa lite codec package

play rm in WMP ;)

alternatice is perfectly fine, no problems with it, even streaming of rm works with it ;)

Only weird problem is that when I start it, my computers volume sets itself to mute. I always have to go and put it 100%.
This is caused by the old Windows Media Player that, by default, Real Alternative sets up to play RM files in. Try right-clicking on an RM file, then choose "Open With..." and select Windows Media Player 9 (or whatever the latest is) or play it in Winamp, and the volume problem goes away. That fixed the problem here, anyway. Once the Real Alternative codecs are installed, you can play the RM files in any player. If you have to, you can rename the .RM files to .AVI files to help some players see them.

bone said:
profingersk8er said:
wow that was fast, thanks for the comment. finally something to replace Real Player :D

kazaa lite codec package

play rm in WMP ;)

Yeah, it uses the RP alternative codecs, I think.

Real Alternative is just that: a great alternative to a horrifically crappy media player ;)