Anyone you want to see drive the Liana?

Ripplin

Car(s)
2003 VW Golf TDI
Just wondering if there is anyone in particular you'd like to see drive the reasonably priced car at some point (or anyone you'd like to see again, even!). Since most guests live in and around England, maybe try and stick to that general area. There have been exceptions, but most of them have been local-ish talent, of course.

My first thought is the Red Dwarf cast, as I'm a big fan of the show. Chris Barrie (Rimmer) was on once, but not to drive. Rowan Atkinson would be good. Some of the Pythons. Colin McRae (that'd be something!), Nicky Grist and Richard Burns (another who appeared but didn't drive) would be great. Murray Walker would be fun. Maybe some guys from Deep Purple. So many choices...

You hitted some right spots.

Murray Walker, Richard Burns, Colin McRae, Nicky Grist, Rowan Atkinson, Monty Pithons crew. Those I would love to see. :thumbsup:

Besides those, I would like to see some automotive magazines' writers, as Chris Harris, Peter Robinson, Richard Bremner, Colin Goodwin, Steve Sutcliffe, Richard Meaden, Harrison Metcalfe, well, basically, the crew from Autocar and Evo. :mrgreen:

And of course, some F1 team managers, and some car manufacturers' directors. Of course I would like the chit chat to be longer.

Obviously: Myself!

I would love to know how good or bad I am...
At least I ripped apart all my friends in a 2 heat a 25 laps kart race...

Buba

Colin McRae might be a bad idea. What if he beats the Stig? All the Power lap times will lose credibility because their supposed super driver isnt so good.

But I think they should have the Queen. And also Alistar Darling. :lol: :lol: Those would be some awesome episodes.

I think we had this discussion before: I said OZZY :lol:

David Couthard.

I'd like to see him race the Liana and manage to come third with no-one else on the track.

jeffy777 said:

:lmao: Does he know how to drive, or how to do synchronized movements, for that matter...

bihus said:
jeffy777 said:

:lmao: Does he know how to drive, or how to do synchronized movements, for that matter...

This is why I'd like to see him do it :thumbsup:

GraemePC said:
Colin McRae might be a bad idea. What if he beats the Stig? All the Power lap times will lose credibility because their supposed super driver isnt so good.

But I think they should have the Queen. And also Alistar Darling. :lol: :lol: Those would be some awesome episodes.

Well they have Damon Hill tomorrow, and hes an ex F1 champion!

GraemePC said:
But I think they should have the Queen.

I think the Carl XVI Gustaf (the king of Sweden) would be cool to.
He's been caught speeding a few times in his Ferraris and Porsches.
Would be cool if they could have a special list with just royalties on it. :D

For a current F-1 driver to drive around the T.G. track the transmission in the leona would have to be changed to" flappy -paddle". There would need to be millions invested in aero dynamics,traction control. Jeremy would have to talk to the driver during the lap ..."P-1 ...P-1...well done mate! Conserve fuel! .." The michelins would have to be changed to bridgestone because of safety concerns. Hmmm....what else ..... :lol:

MixtriX said:
after the last show, i wanna see james's mum
Good thinking! She does have a bit of an aggressive streak in her when it comes to driving. With the extra training she'd receive from The Stig, she would probably do really well! :D

Solberg/McRae/Higgins/etc

*clears throat*

SCHUMACHER!!! :lol: