Apples new wave of iPods.

POWERRR!!

Engadget is currently doing a liveblog of Apple's Special Event in San Francisco.

The Nano - 4GB and 8GB versions for $149 and $199 respectively. Features an improved UI.

dsc_7611.jpg

dsc_7612.jpg

The iPod Classic - 80GB and 160GB versions for $250 and $350 respectively. Thinner that its predecessor and features an all metal exterior. Has an improved UI as well.

dsc_7628.jpg

And the iPod Touch - Basically a phone-less iPhone.

dsc_7656.jpg

dsc_7655.jpg

I like the new touch, though its lacking some features I assumed it would have (Chat, Mail, etc) I am just not able to spend $400 for 16gb, regardless of flash memory or wifi.

I'll continue to rock my 4th gen 20gb (which is full :mad:) until the Touch gets a memory upgrade.

WHO CARES

Drones...

Yeah... not quite.

Before I got my iPod I purchased the Dell Jukebox 20gb because I didn't want to be like everyone else and their white iPod, and it was a total piece of shit, then I got the Sony version, also crap. Then I bought my iPod and three and a half years later its still solid with not 1 problem. Back off.

Back on topic, the iPod "classic" seems to be what I'm looking for, more storage plus video capabilities for the few times I would actually want video. I just cant justify getting rid of my 4th gen since its still working like new.

Well, in the audio department apple is not my fav thing, but a 160gig I pod seems ok. Finally one that could hold my complete collection, and with bmws gettings ipod interfaces and all...
What I do mind, though, is the price Europe will have to pay for that... You Yanks only get it at the price because they make the profit out of us.

My first iPod was the 3rd generation - you know, the one with the four buttons under the screen? I liked that one the best. I have one I got for Christmas last year, while the screen is better (but not in direct sun) and it holds more, the "buttons" are a pain in the ass. I liked being able to click the "Next" button without even having to look.

Answer me this: How are you going to change songs on this touch-screen without having to first unlock the device? How are you going to do anything with it inside a case? How will you even make a case for it? It's a nifty idea and all futuristic but I wouldn't want to live with it every day. Jobbs has a phobia of buttons and he'll do anything to not put a button on a device when sometimes that's all it needs. This is a $300 solution to a problem that didn't exist.

I actually liked iPods, but no more. When this one dies I'm getting another brand player even though I have a hard wired dock cable on my car stereo.

My first iPod was the 3rd generation - you know, the one with the four buttons under the screen? I liked that one the best. I have one I got for Christmas last year, while the screen is better (but not in direct sun) and it holds more, the "buttons" are a pain in the ass. I liked being able to click the "Next" button without even having to look.

I actually liked iPods, but no more. When this one dies I'm getting another brand player even though I have a hard wired dock cable on my car stereo.

I actually still own a 3rd gen I got it 3.5 years ago, still works flawlessly... and till now, I have not actually found any motivation whatsoever to upgrade to the newer iPod's, they seem to do what mine can do... ps. don't give me the crap about the video, I know about 20 people with iPod vids and out of that 20, I believe about 3 actually have more than 5 videos on the iPod and use it consistently, the rest pretty much has 99.5% music and 0.5% videos which they don't watch at all... it was just put on there to test it.

Answer me this: How are you going to change songs on this touch-screen without having to first unlock the device? How are you going to do anything with it inside a case? How will you even make a case for it? It's a nifty idea and all futuristic but I wouldn't want to live with it every day.

+1 I like to be able to do things without taking the iPod out of my pocket, touch screen would just cause more grief.

I can see why, but I mean I have over a TB of music so my 60GB works just as well as a 160. I think the touch is basicly a more media friendly palm and would still go for an iPhone over it, but I can't wait to get an iPod with more then 60 gigs that has flash memory.

I just had an idea for that iPod Touch: See how many random people think it's an iPhone at first glance. In fact, try faking a phone call. As soon as you see someone ogling the "iPhone," drop the bomb, and tell them what it really is.

The thing really does seem like an iPhone, minus the actual phone bit.

Edit: Oh wait, that was already pointed out. :bangin:

I like the new touch, though its lacking some features I assumed it would have (Chat, Mail, etc) I am just not able to spend $400 for 16gb, regardless of flash memory or wifi.

Right on, I'd prefer they used a hard drive rather than flash. Between a $400 16GB Touch and an 8GB iPhone which now btw costs $400 as well, I'd rather get an iPhone.

Well the iPhone has basicly outdone the iPod with a iPhone and a MacBook you would not need anything else (if your traveling a lot)

FINALLY they changed the outer layer of hte video ipod. mine is so scratched up!

I actually still own a 3rd gen I got it 3.5 years ago, still works flawlessly... and till now, I have not actually found any motivation whatsoever to upgrade to the newer iPod's, they seem to do what mine can do... ps. don't give me the crap about the video, I know about 20 people with iPod vids and out of that 20, I believe about 3 actually have more than 5 videos on the iPod and use it consistently, the rest pretty much has 99.5% music and 0.5% videos which they don't watch at all... it was just put on there to test it.

My 3rd Gen still works as well, but it has to be plugged in. The battery only lasts about 30 minutes these days.

iPods are overrated. Around where I live, People can have 500 mb worth of songs in a 30 GB iPod or Nano. The people here use it as a sort of fashion statement. The iPhone is in no way revolutionary either. The N95 which costs about the same is easily better. Does anyone else think the new Nano looks too short?

lol, haters.

name me a better mp3 player than my nano. go ahead, do it.

Kinda seems counterintuitive to have the large iTouch at $399 when they just dropped the price of the actual iPhone to $399 :?

I like the screens on the new nanos, maybe time to upgrade, but probably not.