Are the DAVE TG episodes the US versions?

DaShowstoppa

Car(s)
2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.6L SRI
My wife and I were watching the "Britcar 24hr" episode on DAVE yesterday and we noticed the music is different - also the tracks listed in the "TG what';s that song forum" often don't match. So are the DAVE versions the same ones broadcast in the US?

I know when they do the repeats on BBC Prime they do stuff like change the music and the studio scenes that have like the voting and what not but I'm pretty sure were on season 8 right now in the US on BBC America and they don't keep the studio scenes at all. Not the ones on Discovery channel when they showed it at least. So to answer your question, maybe.

All the episodes on DAVE are heavily edited to make room for advertisments. But i dunno why they change the music.

The BBC has a special agreement with the record labels to play whatever music they want and not pay per song. Perhaps Dave lacks this.

I know when they do the repeats on BBC Prime they do stuff like change the music and the studio scenes that have like the voting and what not but I'm pretty sure were on season 8 right now in the US on BBC America and they don't keep the studio scenes at all. Not the ones on Discovery channel when they showed it at least. So to answer your question, maybe.

No they were already showing season 9 and I think they are going to start showing season 10 near the end of this month.

I think they are if not simular. I hate watching them on dave they usually cut out all the best bits :(

I think they are if not simular. I hate watching them on dave they usually cut out all the best bits :(

DAVE's latest trick seems to be moving the adverts to the middle of segments now.

I was watching an episode from 9th series on BBC America last night, and they do have to do some serious editing. They even go advertisements in the middle of the star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car segment. So, even if you do see the whole interview, it feels like you haven't. The next episode they showed was the American special. I didn't bother to stick around for it, when I've got the full hour on my computer and mp3 player.

i dont know i just presumed that because they need ad-space they whip out some terrible editing skills. i mean i watched a show yesterday the one with the mondeo ST220, Mazda 6 MPS and the Vectra VXR and they cut a shed load out of it...... they cut all the funnies about the vectra, the DB9 comparison and the BMW 3 series M-sport comparison

it was crap

and sometimes i think they dont have the rights to play some of the music so they change it and i have to say, who ever is in charge of that is utterly terrible as well. some of the selections simply do not fit the piece of film in any way shape or form. its like theres another TV show going on in the background

I hate the dave version of top gear, granted i still watch it, but holy ass. Yes, they have put commercials mid sentence, yes, they have altered the music, yes, the segments are HEAVILY edited, and yes, they have cut out the news.

I hate dave for this, but then again, they do bring me top gear, even though it is heavily circumcised.