Are there other center seat cars?

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
I know of the Mclaren F1 but, who else makes a road car that’s center driver?

Renault Twizzy I suppose but that’s because it’s only wide enough for one seat. Other than that and the original prototype Land Rover I can’t think of any at the moment.

bizzarrini manta
SCG 004s

and loads of concepts that never made it into production

BAC Mono

bac-mono-road-trip.jpg

that's a single seater!

besides the hurst floor shifter special, are there other single seaters which are NOT center seat?

that's a single seater!

besides the hurst floor shifter special, are there other single seaters which are NOT center seat?

Other than various racing cars and cars converted to single seat from dual or more?

91i2zgff1gL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon only comes with a single seat. It's not in the center:

dr.jpeg

Also, see the Mazda Miata Mono Posto, the Palatov DP1, and the Rinspeed Advantige R1 - the last of which has a swinging cockpit that pivots from side to side on corners and as the owner desires.

11-8.jpg

Last edited:
Found this last night. Apparently it’s center seat driven.

895D897C-B433-4171-8736-73247DC57DB902890fb27271806c.jpg

Other than various racing cars and cars converted to single seat from dual or more?

91i2zgff1gL._SL1500_.jpg

those were two seater by regulation
there actually was a (dummy) seat below the cover

The seat was just cushions that dropped in. You basically sit on the floor of the D type.

The seat was just cushions that dropped in. You basically sit on the floor of the D type.

Yup, that was the D-type and most of the C-Types before it - but I was also talking about other similar contemporary race cars with "two seats".