• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Are you a good samaritan??

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
If a person was laying in the streets, badly hurt - would you stop?

sma.jpg

Sorry to use this forum to share this, but I just had to ask someone.

This woman was laying in the streets of London, obviously because someone has beat her up or some other criminal act.

I react when I read: NO ONE STOPPED TO HELP !!! I say whata fudge??

We're talking 15-20 minutes ...... :idea:

This news-story is shaking up the UK, was what I read in the papers ..

haz

I would probably stop, DEFINETLY call 911.

edit: definately ...

but that's all good!!!! 10 cars passed you know ...

haz

well it depends for me. i'd need 2 make sure i have time- DONT WANNA MISS AUSTALIAN IDOL!!

I'dd certainly inform the police of the incident, unfortunately you can never know if the person is just out of his/her mind due to drug abuse and if you disturb them there's no telling what they'll do to you... I've witnessed some freaky shit happen when drug addicts are involved.

So I would have to consider hard about stopping.

who decided to take the pic, instead of helping?[/quote]

the pic was taken by a bus's security cam, which was the one who reported to the Metropolitan Police. It almost hit her .... (the bus)

haz

I always stop and make sure people are alright 99% of the time it's just someone fallen asleep walking back from the pub. But I've had to wait for a few ambulance's in my time.

You are talking about London here though, no other place like it in the world, it seems to have a far greater collection of self obsessed arseholes and general scum than most places in the world.

It's the same if I see some one broken down or crashed, if I'm not in a hurry I'll make sure their ok especially in winter.

ruu

daniel said:
Even if there would be people around her from before. Thats the only thing that makes complete sense to me...

if people are in trouble, and other people are helping, go stare at them? doesn't make much sence to me

and i wouldn't stop, the one behind me will be so kind to stop, look at the forum, everybody "says" they're going to stop

is it so wrong not caring for people you don't know?

is it so wrong not caring for people you don't know?
Maybe it's a mother and has been beaten for her purse...you can't just leave her on the street like that?!?! (I can't)

I guess it's the same thing if somebody is beaten up on the street. People watch and walk past it, afraid for the unknown I shall call it... :|

ruuman said:
You are talking about London here though, no other place like it in the world, it seems to have a far greater collection of self obsessed arseholes and general scum than most places in the world.
Stuff like this happens in North America all the time too. Even in Canada - where we seem to have a reputation for being helpfull - some mindblowingly selfish and pathetic things happen.

Just recently near Vancouver, an elderly guy was hit crossing the road during the morning rush hour. He was laying in the middle of the intersection, and people were actually driving around him to continue on their way to work. It wasn't that they were not paying attention and didn't see him, they all saw an elderly man with massive injuries in the middle of the road, and steered around him. That just blew my mind.

I just really hope that there are enough decent people in the world that if the first four are selfish or ambivalent, the fifth will stop to help. Society as a whole can be pretty pathetic sometimes. :roll:

It's the same here in Germany. A camerateam did this a while ago. They placed an "injured" actor at a crossroad and waited there to see who stops and helps. In some cases it took up to 7 minutes since somebody stopped. They even asked the people who didn't stop and they came up with some lame ecxuses like: I thought he took a nap.
This is caused by the ego-centric times we live in.