Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

• Total voters
Up until my early years as adolescent I did Futsal (Football indoors). Quite fast-paced sport, if you ask me. I kept swimming until I was 16. After that, became a sedentary... closest thing to sport I did were my karting races, but those were sporadic. In addition, I did gym in a very light manner, just not to feel dead and have some resistance for the races.

Now though, everything changed. I'm obliged by the Ecole Centrale to do sports, and although what I do isn't competition sport, it's way more than I was used to. Plus, the gym over here is just around the corner and free for us students. Slowly getting into sports again...

As for ability, I don't think I was born for this at all! But its fun !

I go to the gym, play beach volleyball, a bit of tennis, cycling and now picking up golf. I don't do anything really competitively though due to complete laziness.

Tried cricket as well, but gave up because of shoulder problems.

I'm fairly good at Tennis, decent at golf, passable on baseball, football (handegg). I was going to the gym regularly but I've lapsed, though I've starting going again recently, so I voted the 3rd option.

I've been told I'm good in bed.
Does that make me athletic?:grin:

Same here! Every day at my work everyone yammers on about the latest scores

Here too, some time in december denmark apparently played an important handball match just after noon one day, my reply at lunch to the question 'have you found a way to watch the match in your office?' was 'what match?', from that I learned that only one of the people that I work with is like me, he was the only one laughing.

Pretty good:
Baseball
Racquetball
Bowling

Just ok:
Street hockey
Table tennis

Miserable:
Basketball
Swimming

I come from a pretty long line of runners, but never got into it. I suppose if I worked at it i'd be pretty good, I definitely have a runner's build.

I'm on the internet, of course I'm bad at sports.

At the moment, not so much. I have been sick much of the past 4 months with a persistent cough that I can't seem to shake and that has greatly impacted my ability to do much exercise.

I hate team sports, but I'm very competitive. I really enjoy racquetball but since my dad passed away I don't have a partner anymore. I keep trying to get my cousin to come play with me but he's scared of getting his ass kicked. Once I get about 5 points ahead he just gives up and lets me win, not fun. Of course if he gets a few points ahead I just push myself harder.

I consider riding a sport, if you aren't in shape and go out for a spirited* ride you are going to feel it in places you didn't know had muscles. Riding hard is hard work. Try it sometime if you don't believe me.

* - law-busting

Love sports, love competition even more which is probably too much, me and my buddies hit the gym 2-3 times a week and spin class which isn't just for girls, although there are some decent ones there.

I ski most weekends in the winter or play pond hockey and in the summer it's pretty much whatever pickup game we decide to play. Being outside> being on computer.

If you count the fact that sport includes an engine hauling me around to pull Gs, then yeah, you can say I'm fairly sporty. :p

Otherwise, not too much - I used to be a classical pianist, so my "sport" consisted of wrestling with the keys and strings of a 7'6" concert grand for a few hours a day.

Though I do love walking! I used to walk a few miles a day back in college since it was part of my job, and I could also stop by and chat at the motorcycle dealer on the way home. :)

Now, because of this thing called winter and all the sports that come with it are new to me, I'm just doing some weights, crunches, and squats... and the usual cardio in bed. Call me a homey type person.

Last edited:
I used to quite athletic before a big accident I had recently. Was decent at lifting, long distance cycling and the loccasional game of football.

Gotta wait at least a few more months til I am fully recovered, then I will know what my limitations are but I know my capacity will be less than before.

I used to be extremley fit and did various sports. I was on my school-basketball team, played football (soccer) and handball in a sports club, on the side there was riding rollerblades, going to the gym, riding my bicycle and even tennis some times. In the Summerholidays, I used to go Bodyboarding all day ...

But I "ran" into more and more injury trouble/health issues over time (Elbow, Feet, knee, back and some pollen allergies) and didn?t have much spare time anymore at university so I dopped one after the other. And after having slipped a disc on my back two years ago I?m actually afraid of starting with sport again. I hope to overcome that fear ... but memory of the pain still makes me want to take it easy. I really miss it though :(

So basically, I went from total sports-nut at 20 to being in the worst shape of my life now at 32 ...

Last edited: