Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

Are You Athletic/Good at Sport?

• Total voters
I may just as well say it: I chose the first option

I can do pretty much any "regular" everyday sport at a decent or better level.: football (soccer to you 'mericans), basketball, ice hockey, tennis (my main sport), skiing etc.

Decent being of course a relative term, but I can hang with people who actually play the sports, for example I can very well keep up with ice hockey players (not counting a full on 100% serious game of course, professionals are still...well..pros)

I have always considered myself as "quite fit" but compared to the general public I guess I'm in a very good shape. I enjoy exercise in all it's forms: running, gym, aerobic exercises, climbing, martial arts...you name it. I also love to watch sports and while I don't spend a whole lot of time in front of the TV but when I do, it's mostly a sporting event of some sort.

I just have a natural gift for sports, being coordinated, physically fit and all that. I have yet to find a sport I completely suck at. Furthermore I actually start to feel nervous and uncomfortable when I don't get a chance to do something for a week - I need sports in my life.

I sound like such a tool/jock don't I ?

Last edited:
:lol: not even as a kid. I am the one you pick last for your team and most likely will collapse from various medical failures mid game.

We are alike; well except you're better looking than me.

As I don't actually know [or remember] what you look like, I shall say that's very nice :) But very few 14yr olds I know of/at my school are bad looking and I do have more acne than your local McDonalds...

Is drinking a sport?
Is darts a sport?
Is beeing depressed a sport?

well then I must be a fucking thriathlon athlete !

Id say I was good but outclassed once I reached college.

I played American football in high school was reasonable for that, I even got scholarship offers from super shitty Division III schools that are barely better than a good high school team. Turned em down to go to a real school, and havent looked back. Im too small/slow to play for real at my position at any good college. 5'11 and 225 at my bulkiest was never enough to tackle the monsters that play real college football. I am good size for a CB but never had the speed so that was the end of that for me. Plus I dont miss the coaches calling us all candy asses and the two a days in the heat of summer, after practice suicides/killers and all that bullshit.

I played intramural football all through college and that was fun, we even won the championship one semester. That provided all the team camaraderie without any of the crappy parts of organized sports.

My spring/summer game was always tennis. Played it from 5-till now, and will still play till I die. I was once again on the HS team, 1st doubles with my best friend in the world, never cared for singles competitively. Still play and joined a local USTA league to play with some people and it is good fun.

As for working out, never cared for running. In fact I hate that shit, I would much rather swim for my aerobic exercise.

When I was 14 I made the town baseball All-star team, and we made it to the State level. I don't know what it was, but for that year I was unstoppable; I went from going trough the entirety of Little League without a single hit to batting cleanup :lol:

After that I got onto the Junior Varsity team at high school and resumed the status quo of suckage. I could never play any other sport either; I can't even spiral a football (handegg).

EDIT: forgot to mention that I am capable of playing Tennis. Almost.

Last edited:
I'm short, very skinny and have a slight heart problem, so no, I'll never be really good at sports, especially endurance ones. I also don't practice anything regularly but do enjoy having a bit of soccer/basketball/volleyball with my friends .. but I'd never really enjoy it enough to practice regularly.

Despite my physical shortcomings, though, I fare quite ok against most ordinary people. I mean I won't drag the team down, but I won't really advance it in any way. So I guess that makes me pretty good for my circumstances.

I do Capoeira occassionally, which takes a shitload of effort and leaves me exhausted, but I'm okay at it, I can withstand a couple of hours of it. (It basically means I can kick ass in a fancy way if you don't know what it is)

I'm no good at regular boy sports... football, rugby etc etc etc mainly because it doesn't appeal to me. I can sorta do tennis, haven't played for a few years though.

Dunno about being competitive... sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. Depends what it is.

I'm really athletic and really competetive but just not when it comes to ball sports.

I'm probably in the same boat as Toma but with no heart problems yet (someone ask me in a year might be different though)

I got told I had a heart murmur when I was younger... should probably have got that checked out before I started Capoeira.... Woops!!

It's not caused me any greif so far.

I'm not athletic at all. When I was a kid my parents signed me up for sports like they were supposed to. I played softball for 1 or 2 seasons, but I sucked and hated it. I was a little better at basketball, but I'm FAR too slow to actually play. I can shoot a few baskets but that's it. They tried golf and tennis too but those were even bigger failures. I guess I can swim well, but again I'm not fast, just strong. I can piddle around at pretty much all of the common US sports (except golf, I HATE golf) and follow them as a spectator, but I'm not coordinated enough to actually play anything. Being from the south, of course I can throw a football at the tailgate, if you don't mind chasing it across the lawn. :) I keep falling down my own stairs if that says anything. I'd actually like to pick up some method of enjoyable exercise if I can find one I don't hate. So I don't have any excuses at all other than that I suck at them and would rather read a book.

Edit: Forgot I also knew how to downhill ski, again not well. Given all the sports I did as a kid, I really should be better at them. I'm pretty disappointing.

Last edited:
Pretty decent at football/soccer, i have stopped playing for local amateur team but i am now coaching little kids. Just go play from time to time the sunday afternoon with 18+ person for fun. WE are quite a big soccer/football place so even the person i play with are playing good. Wasdoing local comps of cycling when was 12 but stopped it because of a mono something. But i still have fun passing people with their fancy road bike at 35kph on the cycling lane with my bmx in sprint.

For everything else, i just to do my best as possible even if something its quite bad.

I'm pretty good I'd say; I played ultra competitive baseball in high school on a traveling team and was offered a preferred walk on spot for a top college baseball program, but I hurt my shoulder between my senior year in high school and freshman years in college and never really regained the form to play baseball again. So I played rugby in college at the club level as a hooker, we played regionally and we were quite good. Today I play on a local men's rugby team and I race in criterium cycling here locally and am currently cat 2 which is pretty much the last level before the sport takes a fair bit of travel.

So, I voted quite good because there isn't really a sport I can't do and I'm fairly decent in a few.

The only thing I've ever been any good at was running, and I haven't been able to do that in over a year. Went out 2 days ago and discovered I've lost all ability I ever had. It will be a long road to get it back but it will be worth it.

But yeah, don't put me on a team or ask me to catch/throw/kick a ball, I'm absolutely useless at it.

I'm fit, I can climb trees and all that but am not very good at sports
Anyway, nobody would want me in their teams
And I still haven't had the opportunity to find out how good (or bad :() I am at sex

I started playing sports(football,baseball,basketball,soccer) year round at about 6 and continued football and baseball until college. I dropped basketball and soccer at about 14 for wrestling, which I still do to this day via MMA.

Organized sports kind of stopped when I graduated, but I have grown attached to sort of outdoor/extreme sports, mountain biking, trail running, sport climbing, small boat sailing, whitewater, whatever. I've done some competitive sailing and have been training with a focus on climbing lately, beats the hell out of the gym.

I forgot to add that I do kayaking too, it's superbly fun! I also hold a 2 star kayaking certificate! :mrgreen:
Kayaking is a blast, we have a man made rapids downtown that I'm at pretty much every weekend it's open. It's only a class 3 on a very good day, but it's fun. Don't have the space for a kayak right now, so I usually solo it in a canoe which is not nearly as fun as a kayak. Do you do whitewater or something else, I imagine sea kayaking would be great in Singapore.

Last edited:
If racing counts, then yes. I don't think it does though because it's not the same kind of "fit" as say football or something.

But as for general sports, no. I was good when I was a kid, played hockey, but I was never a good runner in terms of distance and not that great at catching balls. Could throw pretty good, I was a decent pitcher, but never played organized. I'm a good shot though, and played with the idea of being a professional stage shooter, like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFG5ahTMlQ[/youtube]

But then I realized there's no money in it. Racing's best IMO!

Last edited: