Are you ready...? lol

ISP not taking a liking to you then Viper with all the u/ling and d/ling? Or is it the line restrictions?

Distance restrictions. I can't get faster DSL than 1.5mbit/896k.

There are 3mbit, 5mbit, and 7mbit packages, but I'm too far away to get them. Hell, my mom lives a few blocks away and she can't even get DSL. :(

And Comcast is too expensive and probably doesn't even have as good of upload as I have now.

I can officialy get 4.5mb max on my line... just Tiscali aren't happy with something at the exchange...

And anyway, I'll keep my laptop seeding for a couple of days non stop if i can help it

We would love it if people could leave their torrents open as long as possible, for weeks or months even, to keep the files alive.
I always feel so guilty whenever I stop seeding. :cry: I've got a bunch of stuff that's been seeding for over a month.

On a side note, about how many torrents does everyone have running at once? Just something I've always been curious about.

I'm running 150-200 private torrents right now. Trying to boost my ratio.

I usually stop seeding public torrents when I reach a 100% ratio. You could seed those things forever and still have people wanting to download. Rather spend it seeding stuff I care about (this site + private ones).

As for this site, I usually seed only for like 12-24 hours before I give my bandwidth back to the private sites (again, need the ratio boost and I only have 896k).

On a side note, about how many torrents does everyone have running at once? Just something I've always been curious about.

At the moment because of my ISP being not very happy with the usage of the line 24/7 I can only do 1 :rolleyes: I normally do 5/6

I always feel so guilty whenever I stop seeding. :cry: I've got a bunch of stuff that's been seeding for over a month.

74 torrents, but not all are active.

I seed each Top Gear & Fifth Gear torrent to about ~100GB per episode(I have a 2TB cap on bandwidth for that system). My HTTP mirror has a 5TB/month limit, so I would prefer downloads from there.

I am under the university connection, but since we have so less number of students living on the campus apartments and since we upgraded to 33mbit a coupla months ago, and the fact that the admins are downright stupid opens up a lot of possibilities.

Reading all this I should probably be doing more - leaving torrents seeding for more than 18 hours.

I've got a 2mb up and 512 down with no restrictions and a pretty stable connection - I've been told by a friend at my ISP that they're launching a 24mb DSL service (with no restrictions) in the summer so that should be fun.

All we ask is that you try and seed to a 100% ratio (upload as much as you download) to return the bandwidth you used to others. More than that is always nice, but we won't frown at you if you stop after that.

Thanks for the input guys! I thought having 30 at once was a lot. :lol:
It is! I have about 10 max on really rare occasions, usually 1-3 at once. I usually seed until I see that there are enough people seeding the torrent anyway so that my leaving won't have much effect.

Well, having torrents not stopped and actively uploading are two different things. I'm rarely ever actually uploading on any more than a dozen torrents, but I have about 150 looking for people to upload to right now.

But yes, actually uploading on too many torrents at once is not a good use of your bandwidth or even other's.

I have a 100Mbit connection at my disposal. It's from my web server, I had to pay an extra amount to get it to that 100Mbit, but it's there.

To use that 100Mbit connection for BitTorrent, you could it up using TorrentFlux.
You will need PHP and MySQL. Plus, I would recommend doing this ONLY on a dedicated box that YOU own. You can then point this towards Final Gear's Top Gear RSS torrent feed (We do have one right Viper?) and once the Torrent is downloaded, TorrentFlux takes over and starts up and gives the rest of the clients it's full 100Mbit connection.

(I would recommend capping it to 90Mbit, or you might not be able to connect to your own server to shut it down, or insure that you don't go over your own bandwidth limitation. [My server's bandwidth is around 1.0 TBs]) Make sure you don't go over it, you will be paying though the nose.

I have a 100Mbit connection at my disposal. It's from my web server, I had to pay an extra amount to get it to that 100Mbit, but it's there.

To use that 100Mbit connection for BitTorrent, you could it up using TorrentFlux.
You will need PHP and MySQL. Plus, I would recommend doing this ONLY on a dedicated box that YOU own. You can then point this towards Final Gear's Top Gear RSS torrent feed (We do have one right Viper?) and once the Torrent is downloaded, TorrentFlux takes over and starts up and gives the rest of the clients it's full 100Mbit connection.

(I would recommend capping it to 90Mbit, or you might not be able to connect to your own server to shut it down, or insure that you don't go over your own bandwidth limitation. [My server's bandwidth is around 1.0 TBs]) Make sure you don't go over it, you will be paying though the nose.
Many hosts do not allow that- specifically shared hosts(Dreamhost, 1and1, HostRocket, etc.). Just throwing a warning out there..

I always seed my FG torrents to 150%
(I only get 30KB upload :()

This and private stuff I seed. Public isn't worth my time or effort usually.

This and private stuff I seed. Public isn't worth my time or effort usually.

Ditto. I just do other public torrents to 100% and nothing more.

I try to seed everything to 200% and I have zero issues doing that within a day or two. The only site where I simply cannot get ANY upload at all is bitmetv... and it is damn annoying too since they have strict ratio limits. I seed things for WEEKS on there and never exceed .202 ratio... WTF?