Ariel Atom 500 V8

About a point that was a few posts back - I think the fuel economy of this car would be pretty good. :p Didn't the Caparo get over 30 mpg or somesuch?

Anyway, want etc. I would love to see the in-gear acceleration performance of this and the Caterham.

Will that be street legal??? I hope not. This is waaay to insane for a road car.

Holy-motherfucking-shit.
That is all.

It is a bike V8, basically two Bike engines bolted together in a V.
Well, it is more like only the heads are from a bike and everything else like block, crankshaft, cylinders and gearbox are custom made. Weight about 73kg or so, without Gearbox though. I guess it weights less than a 50hp 1 litre car motor then.

d2040-04_copy.jpg

Fucking yas. James has to review this.

I think they should force him to review both this and the Caterham Levante

Or how about a Top Gear challenge?

Caterham RST-V8 Levante VS. Ariel Atom 500 V8 VS. Caparo T1?

Mental, I too like this better than the Caterham. This thing will wheelspin like there is no tomorrow.

It is a bike V8, basically two Bike engines bolted together in a V.
Well, it is more like only the heads are from a bike and everything else like block, crankshaft, cylinders and gearbox are custom made. Weight about 73kg or so, without Gearbox though. I guess it weights less than a 50hp 1 litre car motor then.

If this is the engine I think it is, it is loosely based on the Yamaha R1. The basically started with a pair of heads built blocks to use them, then made their heads following the originals basic design (but not identical or even with interchangeable parts).

The same myth goes with the Repco-Brabham v8. They started designing around an Olds/Buick 215 to save time, but neither engine does or can share parts.

I must go with the floe and choose this over the Caterham.
The modifications are great, looks much better.

features the Russell Savory designed 2.4 litre V8 engine
That will fit in my car! Well, maybe. It better. Yum.

I'm going to say I'd rather have the caterham. The caterham looks more badass. That being said, that atom is insane.

Mother%20of%20God.jpg

I think that's obligatory here. 1000hp/ton? That is motherfucking insane!

More utter insanity from the Brits - I really can't imagine how simultaneously terrifying and electrifying these cars would be.