Arizona Speed Monkey

:lol: I love it!

Haha, I hope he gets away with it. I hate speed cameras.

I'm tempted to put some GP11 into them if they decide on putting them around where I live...

I read about this on LJ and some idiot from AZ said "That guy is such an asshole. I really hope his ass gets nailed to the fucking wall. Don't want the fines? STAY IN THE SPEED LIMIT! Not that hard, people, honestly! The speed cameras have to date have reduced fatalities 60%. I drive the freeways in AZ all the time and I don't get caught - why? I don't speed in the first place!!"
I called bullshit on them, about 11 hours ago now, no response. :lol:

There are speed cameras going up in school zones around here. School zones are particularly heinous because there are only ever actually kids around for a few minutes each morning and afternoon, and it's utterly impossible to violate the speed limit during said times because the fucking parents have blocked traffic entirely (actually, when I was in High School, they blocked the road in front of the school with two buses parked across the travel lanes... For 30 fucking minutes every afternoon - to ensure the safe loading of the other 43 buses at the potential cost of all the kids on the two parked in the middle of the goddamned street. Fucking retarded.)

During the entire rest of the day, schools are locked down like fortresses - the only way I could hit a kid with my car by speeding would involve putting my car through the god damned wall of the building, and I don't think a speed camera is going to do a single thing to stop that. So, aside from the two short periods every morning and afternoon, school zones are bullshit speed limits (and some of them even hold during SUMMER and IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING NIGHT) designed to provide a quick and easy +20mph speeding fine with a multiplier of 2. Sometimes they'll slap a few cones up for a x4 school+construction multiplier. The natural evolution of this, of course, involves a speed camera to tirelessly enforce the 15mph speed limit (down from 40) at 2AM.

Oh, and has Ohio installed cameras along the I-70 and I-80 corridors yet? Not that I particularly care, because that state is a no-fly-zone as far as I'm concerned, but it's really inevitable given their insanely aggressive anti-speed stance on those roads.

Last edited:
I hate school zones. Way I see if if the little pricks would cross at cross walks/intersections like they should it dosnt matter if I got my normal speed.
Cops should stand out side a high school at letting out time and just give jay walk tickets I am sure 80% of them dont go to the cross walks.

I live next to 2 schools and it adds an extra 15min to trip to work.

And I agree in Texas we have way to many guns. Im not sure why the redlight cameras are still working.

I hate school zones. Way I see if if the little pricks would cross at cross walks/intersections like they should it dosnt matter if I got my normal speed.
Cops should stand out side a high school at letting out time and just give jay walk tickets I am sure 80% of them dont go to the cross walks.

I live next to 2 schools and it adds an extra 15min to trip to work.

And I agree in Texas we have way to many guns. Im not sure why the redlight cameras are still working.

The only reason the cameras are still there is because they have finally found an armored housing that will resist most deer guns, and they're starting to get the heavy posts that you can't pull down/mow down with an F-350.

Of course, after all that, they've found that the redlight cams are totally unprofitable to the point that Dallas has been compelled to turn them off in order to save money.

Well my gf found a working on in Richardson. $75 :(
Plus they wanted to charge an extra 10% fee to pay online.
To lazy to google but I belive the state also passed a law saying no new redlight contracts after this year.

I will probably be moving to Phoenix next summer (Pending school) and I am dreading the speed cameras. :/

From my understanding, in the past, there has been an ambiguous part in California state law that kinda prohibits speed cameras. I'm not too sure.

The only reason the cameras are still there is because they have finally found an armored housing that will resist most deer guns, and they're starting to get the heavy posts that you can't pull down/mow down with an F-350.

Deer guns? You guys are doing it wrong. You go straight for military rifle rounds, explosives, or fire. You most certainly shouldn't have any shortage of any of those things.

During the entire rest of the day, schools are locked down like fortresses - the only way I could hit a kid with my car by speeding would involve putting my car through the god damned wall of the building, and I don't think a speed camera is going to do a single thing to stop that. So, aside from the two short periods every morning and afternoon, school zones are bullshit speed limits (and some of them even hold during SUMMER and IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING NIGHT) designed to provide a quick and easy +20mph speeding fine with a multiplier of 2. Sometimes they'll slap a few cones up for a x4 school+construction multiplier. The natural evolution of this, of course, involves a speed camera to tirelessly enforce the 15mph speed limit (down from 40) at 2AM.

Around here, school zone limits only apply for those short periods just before school starts and shortly after it lets out. There is a yellow light on the top of the school zone sign and if it is on (or it might be flashing), the limit applies. If it isn't then the regular limit is in place. I've never seen the light on since I go to work before school starts and leave after school is already out.

Deer guns? You guys are doing it wrong. You go straight for military rifle rounds, explosives, or fire. You most certainly shouldn't have any shortage of any of those things.

You don't know what Texans go deer hunting with. :D

Around here, school zone limits only apply for those short periods just before school starts and shortly after it lets out. There is a yellow light on the top of the school zone sign and if it is on (or it might be flashing), the limit applies. If it isn't then the regular limit is in place. I've never seen the light on since I go to work before school starts and leave after school is already out.

This is the case on certain main thoroughfares here (particularly in more affluent areas, where presumably they don't need piles of speeding fine money), but the vast majority of schools have permanently low speed limits. I have a particularly heinous one in mind, which happens to be all of 1 block from a regional police station, where the speed limit drops from 50 to *15* - and is heavily watched at all hours of the day (ESPECIALLY at night) and throughout the year.

You don't know what Texans go deer hunting with. :D

Good point. However, I haven't met many sheet metal constructions that can resist 7.62 NATO (or 7.62 soviet for that matter). What the hell are those things made of?

Last edited:
I will probably be moving to Phoenix next summer (Pending school) and I am dreading the speed cameras. :/

They are only on one stretch of one freeway. They were going to move them to another stretch, but there is a lot of opposition. Mainly that they haven't done a thing to reduce accidents or deaths. They want to ban them State wide.

Good point. However, I haven't met many sheet metal constructions that can resist 7.62 NATO (or 7.62 soviet for that matter). What the hell are those things made of?

Originally, they were made of 10 or 12 gauge sheet steel with a thin glass lens. These days, they're sometimes made out of 3/8" or thicker cold rolled steel plate and the lens is made out of 1" or thicker polycarbonate.

They're retrofitting old ones with polycarbonate lenses and liners now, too.